Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 08:39 PM

270 posts, read 934,779 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of all the various live music venues in Lexington? I'm not looking for actual events or performances, just a listing of the different music venues. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 06:37 AM

508 posts, read 1,512,499 times
Get the weekender portion of the paper on Fridays for all the venues over the weekend/where/type of music/etc. All laid out on 1 page.

I've tried to navigate Kentucky.com (sort of the Internet version of the paper) but find it more difficult or annoying to find what I want from the entertainment section.

If you don't want a subscription to the paper, there's the library.

I don't know what kind of music you like but I follow Buster's schedule (more rock type music)

Buster's Billiards & Backroom

Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,156 times
Rupp arena.. That's it. If you want concerts move to a REAL city like Cincinnati, Columbus, Nashville, Louisville.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:06 AM

442 posts, read 539,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholasvillain View Post
Rupp arena.. That's it. If you want concerts move to a REAL city like Cincinnati, Columbus, Nashville, Louisville.
I second this. There are a few bars which have local bands and dubstep "music" as well as 1 or 2 "artists" like Travis Porter if you can even call such crap music, but no, Rupp is your best bet.

Enjoy those inflated ticket prices, too.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 AM

218 posts, read 637,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post
I second this. There are a few bars which have local bands and dubstep "music" as well as 1 or 2 "artists" like Travis Porter if you can even call such crap music, but no, Rupp is your best bet.

Enjoy those inflated ticket prices, too.
What part of "I'm not looking for actual events or performances, just a listing of the different music venues." did you two not understand?

Someone looking for a "live music" venue is seeking a night out on the town without recorded music.

Homiej, local music may not be your thing but even "real cities" have local music venues all over town. Lay off the overly opinionated commentary.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,946,642 times
I second looking in the paper...

If you're looking for major names and concerts, Rupp and the UK student center are really the only options (99% of concerts are at Rupp, but UK occasionally brings in big names). If you're just looking for music, most of the bars around town double as venues. Common Grounds has open mic night, with live music. There's Woodsongs, then there's that place in Lexington Green, on the backside near Ruby Tuesdays. Every now and then there's just a live music thing going on downtown, usually on the steps of the old courthouse.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
EVT

25 posts, read 85,508 times
Not addressing the OP question (sorry) but Busters has great music for it's size as a venue.

They've recently hosted the Derek Trucks Band, Jimmie Vaughan, Robert Randolph, Dumpstaphunk, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Yonder Mountain String Band, Umphrey's McGee, Dark Star Orchestra, Drive-by-Truckers, etc.

If you want Justin Bieber or other "big" names then yea, go out of town or maybe check out Rupp. If you just want some good tunes without the awful crowds then Busters is good.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 AM

442 posts, read 539,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex View Post
What part of "I'm not looking for actual events or performances, just a listing of the different music venues." did you two not understand?

Someone looking for a "live music" venue is seeking a night out on the town without recorded music.

Homiej, local music may not be your thing but even "real cities" have local music venues all over town. Lay off the overly opinionated commentary.
I didn't name any local music venues. That's my problem with Lexington. The local venues suck and we have few of those for a city of our size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area