Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 AM

3 posts, read 4,003 times

Advertisements

Hi all looking for some help. I work for a Lexington employer,(UK), however, not within the Lex city limits,(mainly NKY area 60miles away); and do not reside in the state of KY. I finally got the state tax finally worked out,(KY revenue dept was helpful); however employer keeps deducting city (local) taxs out as well.

Any help would be appreciated, as paying douple taxs in this tight economy is a burden on my family. I do pay full city taxes locally where I live and recieve local services(fire police). Thanks Hope someone can help here, as the HR staff and payroll is not responsive for some reason. Empoyer didn't help with the state taxs, finally found someone in the revenue dept who explained and was helpful concerning the state tax concens. Hoping to locate someone in Lex gov or with HR knoledge who can explain this issue for me. Thank you

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 05:44 PM

442 posts, read 539,744 times
Good luck contacting anyone to do with your money at UK. As a student, I never had anything but the worst experiences trying to work out my finances.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:48 AM

Payroll staff I agree 100%, but other staff there have been awsome and helpful. Maybe nothing can be done with my local tax issue. Thanks for your reply. The Louisville area appears to have two levels for local tax payers; resident and non resident. Even a reduction would be welcomed. Thanks again Happy Holidays.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
I don't know how it is in your area but I will speak generically ...

In most cases, you need to pay city tax to the city where you work AND to the city where you live if different(if either/both have city income tax), sometimes one will credit you all or some of what you paid other cities.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the reply. I receive no credits for tax paid elsewhere with my local city anylonger. They stopped the .5% credit a few years ago, as well as pushed garbage fees on the homeowner too. Thanks for the reply, feel like I maybe SOL here, but worth investigating to the fullest. Thanks all

Dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area