Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 11:53 AM

19 posts, read 26,626 times

Advertisements

I recently got accepted to the University of Kentucky for the fall semester. My girlfriend and I will be moving to Lexington from Indianapolis, IN as soon as our lease is up at the end of June. Currently we both work in retail although she is a pastry chef and will be seeking employment in a bakery. To start out, we would like to find something in the $500-$550 range. Our absolute maximum would be $600. We would need something that allows pets. Other than that we don't have a whole lot requirements. Something close to the campus would be a plus but not a necessity.

We have been looking extensively online and I just wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions on where to look. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
How close do you want to be to campus? Do you want to be around other students or in a quieter area?

Old 05-31-2012, 08:33 AM

19 posts, read 26,626 times
I want to be pretty close to campus but mainly because I keep hearing how bad traffic and parking is around the school. I don't need to be near a lot of students. I don't want to be completely isolated from students, just don't want to be in the main hub. I'm 26 and have already done the whole party every night and being in every activity.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
The worst traffic is right off US 27 (South Limestone / Nicholasville Road) and Waller Avenue. There are tons of rental areas in a city of 300,000 like Lexington. There are lots of duplexes in my area (Garden Springs) that are within your price range. All the big apartment complexes over here are owned by the same agency and they don't allow pets. (They own Brookview, Turfland, etc). You might also look in the Ashland area - That's Main Street south of Downtown. It's a really nice area, mostly houses but a few apartments are mixed in there.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,112,224 times
ON or near campus:
The Courtyards

These are a little further away from UK, but on or near a busline

Tarleton Crossings - I hear these are nice, in your price range and accept pets.

Breckingridge Court Apartments ($560 a month, and accepts pets)
(Use to be pretty nice, but haven't been inside of one for a long time)

Brandywine (Under 600 a month and accepts pets)

Harrods Point Apts A little more out of the way, not for sure if they are on busline.

Raintree

Fairington (I think you would qualify for this - it's a HUD apartment ran by Gene Glick, and they really take well care of their apartment communities. Rent based on Income)

Good Luck in your apartment search and Welcome to Lexington!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area