Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 AM

6 posts, read 12,761 times

Advertisements

I am a graduated student from Florida, and currently looking for a job. I've been interviewing with companies in many different places out of the state and one of them is located in Nicholasville KY.
I have heard from the company people, that they mostly live in Lexington and drive out to work, so I was looking for places in the Lexington area.

My budget is $1200, and looking to rent an apartment or preferably a townhouse. It is for me and my boyfriend. I also have 2 small dogs.

I came across this apartment and it looked pretty nice on the web, but read some bad reviews and was wondering if any of you had more information about the place:
Hamburg Farms Apartments in Lexington | Lifestyle Communities

They had all the amenities I was looking for such as:
Garage
Washer and Dryer in unit
Walk in closet
Pet friendly

Are there any other places like this one?

I am looking for a quiet place, yet convenient (for like shopping and grocery, a plaza with dining and such).

I am looking through websites like trulia.com

Any places I should look at specifically? Locations? Neighborhood?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 AM

14,703 posts, read 8,026,762 times
There should be a lot of Apartments and townhomes to meet your needs.
Here are some:

Beaumont Farms

Palomar Reserve

Rabbit Run

Merrick Place

The Mansion

Here are a few houses that you could rent

Shannon Way

Hamburg area home

Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 AM

14,703 posts, read 8,026,762 times
I wouldn't necessarily rule out an apartment that received a bad review,
reviews are very subjective and people are much more likely to submit a bad review as opposed to a positive one (If this makes any sense)

Old 05-30-2012, 10:32 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,398,475 times
There is no reason to commute from Lexington to Nicholasville. There is lots of shopping and restaurants down there and housing is a bit cheaper too. It is much slower paced and the people are friendlier. I briefly lived on Orchard Drive in N'ville and it seemed like a nice area.

Nicholasville has lots of townhouses. here is the results I got by searching for "Nicholasville Townhouse" on Craiglist

lexington apts/housing for rent classifieds "nicholasville townhouse" - craigslist=

Old 05-30-2012, 02:46 PM

Thank you guys so much!
These are some really good apartments/houses.
I really appreciate your advice

And I will still keep the Villages at Hamburg Farms into my choices.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:17 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,846,190 times
Haumburg is not as close to Nicholasville as are some of the other Lexington area which have been suggested, so factor in travel time and costs. You would be going against the flow of traffic, however, which would help some with your driving time.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:49 AM

146 posts, read 296,631 times
If you will be commuting to Nicholasville and want to live in Lexington, I would suggest Apartments in Lexington KY - Mansion or Bridle Creek Apartments - Lexington, KY They are both located across from the Fayette Mall which has plenty of shopping and nightlife. And, you can access Rt. 27 right from your front door!

Beware...Nicholasville Rd (Rt. 27) is very busy!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,938,395 times
Living in Lexington, and commuting to Nicholasville? I think you have that backwards.

There's several people who do that commute the other way -- living in N'ville and commuting to Lexington, because of the cheaper housing. Jessamine County has lower property taxes than Fayette County, making it cheaper to own property in Nicholasville. While you are planning on renting instead of buying, note that cheaper property taxes generally means landlords can offer cheaper rent. There's plenty of inexpensive places to rent in Nicholasville.

If you're determined to do a backwards commute, Lexington is a great place to live. You'll have a reverse commute, but Nicholasville Rd is bad during rush hour, no matter where you're coming from. I wouldn't suggest looking towards Hamburg. Living there, you'd have to take New Circle or Man-o-War to Nicholasville Rd for your commute, which would put you in one of the worst areas for traffic. As Crazee Cat Lady mentioned, the Beaumont area is good, and in your price range. All of SW Lexington is a good area, you can't go wrong. Beaumont Farms, Palomar Reserve, Rabbit Run... all good, affordable apartments. From here, you could commute down Harrodsburg Rd (much less traffic) and cut over towards Nicholasville on Brannon Crossing or "Catnip Hill" (both scenic two lane roads, with minimal traffic).

Another option is to look into some of the other "satellite cities" around Lexington. I have a friend who commutes daily from Wilmore to Nicholasville. Wilmore's a quaint little town, centered around a liberal Christian university. Housing is cheap there, and it's a 15 minute, scenic drive to Nicholasville.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,398,475 times
Lexington (and even Louisville) have low property taxes. Nicholasville (and most surrounding towns) have rock bottom property tax rates, as cheap as I've seen anywhere in the USA. Georgetown's averages 0.5% of the homes value per year. According to CD's Nicholasville profile the average down there is 0.7% per year. Lexington is 0.9%. In the Cincinnati suburbs (OH side) the typical rate is 3%!!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 PM

Lol, yeah I did kind of think that the commuting was backwards haha.
But apparently that is what they do at the company I interviewed.

But I am not closed to just Lexington, if there are nice townhouses in Nicholasville, I am considering those too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area