Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 3,098 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I am trying to get opinions about where to buy some pies for Thanksgiving. We are new to Lexington and have the family coming in town. I don't I will have time to make my own. I have heard Missy's is good. However, I am not prepared to spend $20.00 per pie. Hope you can help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Missy's is certainly good - how about Trader Joe's, or Sam's Club? Pies aren't really that hard to make, and if you make cobblers instead, it's quicker and easier and just as tasty. Google "Kentucky pudding" - it's really a simple fruit cobbler, not a pudding except in the older English sense, and can be put together in about five minutes. The original recipe is in Marion Flexner's "Out of Kentucky Kitchens".

Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 AM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Pie's are really easy to make, Inexpensive and you can fix them ahead of time too.

Meijers Deli has a great Pumpkin Pie for around 6 or 7 dollars. Tastes like homemade.
Kroger has a divine Peanut Butter Pie that I would highly recommend. Under ten dollars. YUM!
At Wal-Mart, they have Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory which is great (Deli Frozen section).
Trader Joe's is always good for most things, so I assume that their Pies are good too.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM

229 posts, read 371,588 times
Missy's Pies are awesome, but I almost guarantee that they've already quit taking orders. I worked for the company for 8 years, and I would DEFINITELY recommend them They're getting ready to crank out a thousand or so pies in about 2 days lol so I wouldn't cross my fingers. Sam's Club would probably be a great option. I did buy a pie there once and it was pretty great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: