U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM

3 posts, read 10,197 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am at my wits end trying to find the information I need but it's just not working so I figured I'd try asking some people. I am trying to relocate from IL to Somerset in the May/June time frame and have no idea how far in advance I need to start contacting apartments for applications and opening info. I have to do a "blind" lease, I can't go down there and pick a place out... I just have to make due with whatever places are willing to work with my relocation and are within my move in budget. My whole situation is long and drawn out and complicated but I just really need to get down to Somerset and my budget will not allow me to go down there ahead of time. How can I start the process of relocating?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 PM

8,371 posts, read 4,654,152 times
Relocating from IL to Somerset KY-501-somerset-vlg-somerset-ky-google

Relocating from IL to Somerset KY-fullscreen-capture-1202013-14032-am.jpg

Relocating from IL to Somerset KY-fullscreen-capture-1202013-12536-am.jpg

Relocating from IL to Somerset KY-fullscreen-capture-1202013-13654-am.jpg

Welcome to Kentucky!
Good news first, it's a beautiful area ~ simply stunning with natural beauty.
I live in Lexington so I can't be of lots of help, but I can give you a link to a list of Apartments in Somerset.

Apartments in Somerset, KY on Yahoo! Local

But, it is extremely risky renting a place to live, without seeing and visiting it first.

You can do a google search on each property to find out more info, and/or use google maps

Here are a few google map street views of a couple of the Apartments ~

Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 PM

Oops and this one (see the red A)
Attached Thumbnails
Relocating from IL to Somerset KY-202-white-oak-cir-somerset-ky   Relocating from IL to Somerset KY-fullscreen-capture-1202013-12218-am.jpg  

Old 01-20-2013, 07:41 AM

146 posts, read 245,934 times
I have a few friends who live in Somerset and I would be more than happy to ask about apartments for you but I need to know what price range you are looking at.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:23 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,572,387 times
You picked, of all places in Kentucky, Somerset?!?!

I think of meth, animal abuse and hyper-alpha rednecks when I think of Somerset. The area really is one of the worst places I've been to in all of Kentucky, and I've been to that town several times.

Make the most of it. If you end up loving it, then I guess you'll have found something charming about the place that I never did.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Cumberland Falls is breathtaking.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:16 PM

72 posts, read 279,453 times
Miss Tara,

I have a house in Somerset and have lived there for 5 years...but the past 6 months, I've been in Lexington. We are due to return to Somerset at summers end, and I can tell you anything you wish to know. We go back every weekend, unpacking belongings...I check in here at least twice a week, so if you have specifics on what sort of place you want , I can help for sure.

There are no high rise apartment type buildings in Somerset, to let you know. There are not many decent rental homes, either. There is a set of townhomes/condos on Rt 27, directly across the street from the mall, that are nice; they are owned by a local builder and I can get you a phone number this weekend. We stayed in one for several months as our house was being renovated prior to our temporary move to Lexington. 2 bdrm, 1 bath, 2 floors, 2 car garage as well, it was about $750 a month.

You will see a listing for Grand Central Apartments if you search Somerset....the whole place is a dive, and if anyone lives there and takes offense, I am sorry...but the place is a dive. You will see Somerplace Apartments downtown...also a dive, with a lot of drug types living there. Eagle Creek townhomes are okay. I've sent you a friend request, and can get as specific as you wish to get on details of this town. And in case you're wondering, I'm over 50, female, white collar, upper level income. If I can help, let me know.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 10,197 times
Yes, I am looking for any place between 3-450. I need 2-3 bedrooms, will take either. I would love a trailer. I am looking to move like May 25th.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 7,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissxoxTara View Post
Yes, I am looking for any place between 3-450. I need 2-3 bedrooms, will take either. I would love a trailer. I am looking to move like May 25th.
Hi! My Uncle lives in Somerset & has Mobile Homes that he rents out at a trailer park that he owns. If interested, I can ask him the location & rent.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,237,478 times
I liked it when I was there for a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area