Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 AM

3 posts, read 7,970 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me if Lexington has a magazine that lists houses for sale? We are in Ohio and planning to visit Lexington at Christmas. We would like to view some of the communities and homes for sale around Lexington before visiting.

The type of home we are looking for:
  • New construction
  • On a larger lot or perhaps 2 - 5 acres
  • Safe and quiet community
  • Not too far away from most shopping (about 15 - 20 min at most)

Also, if anyone has had good luck with a NON pushy realtor in the area and would like to share their name, please email me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,981,958 times
Hi,

I was just browsing a magazine I picked up at the grocery store, just for fun. It is Harmon Homes (eHarmonHomes.com).

Typically acreage would bring you to the counties outside of Fayette County (outside of Lexington), but you could still be convenient to shopping, etc. Others will know better what to recommend - Georgetown, Richmond, Versailles?

I loved my realtor and she wasn't pushy. (My stepfather who is a realtor from another state was with me for the first visit and he called her a true professional; we had just been with a realtor in Louisville and he kept saying "now do you see the difference between a top realtor and a novice ...").

Old 11-03-2007, 07:39 PM

283 posts, read 1,022,061 times
Two to five acres in Fayette County (assuming a nice part of town) would put you into an expensive area. Can you give us more info, specifically price range?

Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM

3 posts, read 7,970 times
Our price range is around $300,000.

We do not mind driving into Lexington 20 mins in order to get a home on a larger lot.

Basically we want some room to breath - but still have access to shopping when needed.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,981,958 times
Here are just a couple of examples of Georgetown, KY (plenty more like this):

Single Family Home - 104 Forest Path, Georgetown, KY, 40324 - Realtor.com

and Richmond, KY (plenty more like this):

Single Family Home - 506 Pinehurst Dr, Richmond, KY, 40475 - Realtor.com

According to mapquest, which just goes from the center of one town to the center of another, Georgetown is 15 miles or 20 minutes from Lexington; Richmond is 27 miles or 35 minutes.

I am new to Lexington, so I don't specifically know these areas very well, but others here do and they've been discussed and compared a lot.
There is a thread in the last month, I think, comparing the two. Would others also put Versailles in this mix? Am I on the right track?

PS - I re-read your first post and you mentioned "new construction" which is really abundant in both of these places.

Last edited by goldenmom7500; 11-04-2007 at 12:50 PM..

Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 PM

486 posts, read 1,888,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
Here are just a couple of examples of Georgetown, KY (plenty more like this):

Single Family Home - 104 Forest Path, Georgetown, KY, 40324 - Realtor.com

and Richmond, KY (plenty more like this):

Single Family Home - 506 Pinehurst Dr, Richmond, KY, 40475 - Realtor.com

According to mapquest, which just goes from the center of one town to the center of another, Georgetown is 15 miles or 20 minutes from Lexington; Richmond is 27 miles or 35 minutes.

I am new to Lexington, so I don't specifically know these areas very well, but others here do and they've been discussed and compared a lot.
There is a thread in the last month, I think, comparing the two. Would others also put Versailles in this mix? Am I on the right track?

PS - I re-read your first post and you mentioned "new construction" which is really abundant in both of these places.
That pretty much hits the nail on the head. To add to your new construction desire, Hamburg area in Lexington is exploding with new housing going up in every direction and Hamburg Pavillion is one of the two major shopping areas in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area