U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:36 AM

6 posts, read 12,628 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Does anyone know if Squire Oaks in Lexington is a good neighborhood. My husband and I are considering moving there. It looks like a really nice neighborhood and is close to a private school and a public elementary school (our son will be starting kindergarten next year).

We are wondering about the neighborhood because the price of houses seems kind of low for such a lovely neighborhood. All the houses look very well maintained. There is a park right in the middle of the neigborhood. Why the lower prices? Is crime a problem or are the schools in the district not very good (Squires - Edythe J Hayes - Henry Clay)?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 AM

6 posts, read 12,628 times
Default Sorry

Think I might have posted that twice. First time on this forum. Sorry : )

Old 12-04-2007, 10:50 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,627,407 times
Welcome!

I don't specifically know, but I'm checking remax out of curiosity and can't find any listings (I know the zip 40515). What price range should I be checking to see examples?

Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 AM

486 posts, read 1,762,464 times
I'm not exactly sure to be honest with you- probably because Squire Oak is further out than other neighborhoods. It's not a crime ridden area (most of eastern and southern Lexington is not). EJ Hayes middle school opened about 5 years ago to provide some relief to Crawford and Morton and I don't know too much about the school- a little rough I hear, but not nearly like Bryan Station or Crawford. It's in a good location really. You won't have to deal with the chaos inside Man o' War all the time. Hopefully there is someone else here who can tell you more than I can- I live in 40502 in Fairway.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:21 AM

325 posts, read 1,063,160 times
It is a decent area....low crime ....... very close to stores, interstate, etc......I live a couple of miles from there and I love it !

Old 12-04-2007, 11:30 AM

dch, maybe you're just adjusting to the relatively low prices in Lexington (versus, say, DC, Seattle, LA, etc.). Prices are not as low as a lot of cities in Ohio as far as I can tell, and they seem a little bit higher than Louisville it seems to me. It could just be a little bit less because it's a little bit further out.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:01 PM

458 posts, read 2,178,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centre View Post
It is a decent area....low crime ....... very close to stores, interstate, etc......I live a couple of miles from there and I love it !
I'm glad to hear about Squire Oak, too, because I've also seen houses that seem so very reasonable in that area! I'm going to drive through when I am in town.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 PM

714 posts, read 1,436,566 times
As a realtor I cannot lead you in any direction, but you can visit Fayette County Public Schools | Lexington, Kentucky | It's About Kids! that web site is the Fayette County School web site and should provide you with some additional information. There are several private schools that you could probably google and find out more information. The names that come to mind are Sayre and Lexington Christian Acadamey. There are others also.

When searching for a home use the web site Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors Home Page It is the MLS for Lexington. Click "find property"..enter what you are looking for and it will pull up what is available. It holds listings for all companies in Lexington.

If you have any more questions, or decide that you need a realtor, send me a message and I will be happy to help! I work for RE/MAX here in Lexington.

Also, WELCOME!!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 AM

teebird is at Sayre. By the way, three cheers for teebird, you're awesome!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 AM

486 posts, read 1,762,464 times
I'll be happy to answer any questions about Sayre if you'd like. And thanks goldenmom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area