U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 01:24 PM

17 posts, read 69,491 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to Nicholasville, but have houses and land to sell in Tellico Village, TN. Anyone interested in a trade....for land or house. Go to www.tvpoa.org and check out the area if interested and we will let you know what we have for trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 07:06 PM

486 posts, read 1,735,145 times
What type of community are you looking for in Nicholasville? Ammenities? Is traffic an issue for you? Commuting?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:15 AM

We have already found the area we want to live - west of the town of Nicholasville. There are several areas we are considering - one being, The Oaks. We're looking for at least 5 acres and possibly more, probably in a community, but not necessary if we found something else near town (Nicholasville). We have all of our properties and houses up for sale here in TN, but thought someone up there may want to trade for a move to a little warmer climate, be surrounded with water (lake), have mountain views, 3 golf courses, rec center complete with tennis courts, indoor olympic size heated pool and wellness center. Moving because our son and daughter-in-law want to move farther north - and we want to live near them.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:20 AM

714 posts, read 1,416,586 times
I am not aware of anyone that wants to trade, but we do have someone in our office that is an expert in the Nicholasville area. If you want I could give you her email address, or phone number. It is possible that she may know someone in that area that might want a trade.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM

If she knows of anything, please have her email me at lynnfiat@charter.net
Thank you

Old 01-31-2008, 02:15 PM

8 posts, read 27,209 times
Is Nicholasville a family friendly city? How about crime? Schools? Thanks

Old 02-26-2008, 08:19 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,486,206 times
Default Nicholasville/Jessamine County

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofmichigan View Post
Is Nicholasville a family friendly city? How about crime? Schools? Thanks
Family friendly: well, pretty safe, some nice, clean neighborhoods with sidewalks. Just looks like typical suburbia the closer you get to the Fayette County line and US 27 and 68. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty family friendly.

Crime: practically non existent. You'll have the occasional redneck shootout, but that may be 1-3 times a year and confined primarily to Nicholasville. I just don't hear about a lot of crime in Jessamine County.

Schools: Jessamine County Schools SUCK! There are NO ifs, ands, or buts. They suck! Enroll your child in a private school in Fayette County (Lexington); of course, if you do that, then you'll have to leave the house at 7am daily to make sure your child gets to school on time on the count of that Lexington traffic.

Jessamine is one of the most beautiful "pieces of real estate" I've ever seen. The horse farm lands and Kentucky River Palisades make for one of the most beautiful backdrops and settings for a place to live that you could imagine. Just realize that the roads are terrible (although US 27 is fine) and so are the schools.

On the upside, when college comes around, Asbury College is outstanding, small, safe, clean, and well-respected with a great student body. It's in Jessamine County, about 4.5 miles west of Nicholasville in Wilmore. If I were to move to Jessamine Co., I'd much rather live in Wilmore. It's much cleaner and safer than even Nicholasville. You have more of the "nice, all-American" middle class, as well as educated class in Wilmore as opposed to the scroungy rednecks I've seen in Nicholasville. Just my experience.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:53 PM

3 posts, read 7,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Family friendly: well, pretty safe, some nice, clean neighborhoods with sidewalks. Just looks like typical suburbia the closer you get to the Fayette County line and US 27 and 68. Yeah, I'd say it's pretty family friendly.

#1....As long as you stay clear of Nicholasville!

Crime: practically non existent. You'll have the occasional redneck shootout, but that may be 1-3 times a year and confined primarily to Nicholasville. I just don't hear about a lot of crime in Jessamine County.

#2 BULL!...Crime abounds here!...child Molesters...robberies.....rapes and now a gang problem! The local paper refuses to report it and the police rarley come when you call for something as trivial as a Pit Bull attack in one of the public parks!

Schools: Jessamine County Schools SUCK! There are NO ifs, ands, or buts. They suck! Enroll your child in a private school in Fayette County (Lexington); of course, if you do that, then you'll have to leave the house at 7am daily to make sure your child gets to school on time on the count of that Lexington traffic.

#3 Yea....they SUCK!

Jessamine is one of the most beautiful "pieces of real estate" I've ever seen. The horse farm lands and Kentucky River Palisades make for one of the most beautiful backdrops and settings for a place to live that you could imagine. Just realize that the roads are terrible (although US 27 is fine) and so are the schools.

#4 Aint that pretty!....I can name 10,000 places around the world prettier!

On the upside, when college comes around, Asbury College is outstanding, small, safe, clean, and well-respected with a great student body. It's in Jessamine County, about 4.5 miles west of Nicholasville in Wilmore. If I were to move to Jessamine Co., I'd much rather live in Wilmore. It's much cleaner and safer than even Nicholasville. You have more of the "nice, all-American" middle class, as well as educated class in Wilmore as opposed to the scroungy rednecks I've seen in Nicholasville. Just my experience.
#5 Most Asbury College graduates are making minimum wage or only slightly above.....Lots are working assembly line jobs with no hope....a religious school diploma will not go far compared to MIT or YALE......or even SUCKY University of Ky for that matter!

Just the FACTS!.....Sorry if it hurts!...we are on our way OUT of Nicholasville after living here for 5 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area