Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:14 PM

688 posts, read 3,038,640 times

Advertisements

lexingtongal - I couldn't get the link to pull up. Is it Congleton Farms? I've heard good things about their beef but never tried it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 04:39 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,139 times
Sorry. Yes, it's Congleton Beef. If you're interested I can DM you a contact phone and/or email address for them.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:29 AM

216 posts, read 1,185,556 times
Default Wow Thanks!

Thank you everyone for all of your great info! I'm impressed by the variety of places that support organic and locally grown food. Hurrah for KY and Lexington. As we plan for our move there in the near future, I am reassured that there will be plenty of yummy and healthy food for us to eat. Thanks again...you are very helpful!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,069 times
Default food & air

Thanks for asking that question!
We are considering a move from the San Diego area to a small town within 30 miles of Lexington. I have MCS, an environmental illness so am very concerned with food and air quaility. Are there any other MCS folks out there?

Thanks

Old 01-26-2008, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,054 times
Default New organic restaurant in Lexington...

I wanted to let you and everyone else that has responded to this post know about a new restaurant that just opened in Lexington. Roots Restaurant, on Romany road, opened around mid-December. The restaurant's focus is using local and organic ingredients and preparing simple but delicious meals that highlight the flavors of the quality food product being used. I am the Pastry Chef at Roots, and after seeing the way other restaurants are run, I would highly recommend Roots as a place that you can trust to provide fresh and healthy dishes while also supporting the local farming community. I hope that you all will give it a try!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:51 AM

486 posts, read 1,897,256 times
I actually ate at Roots two nights ago and it was delicious! I'll definitely be back. I personally don't know any other restaurants off hand that serve organic produce, etc.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:23 PM

688 posts, read 3,038,640 times
Thanks for the info! I put it on my shortlist when lexingtongal mentioned it, but haven't made it there yet...It will definitely have to be a place to go soon.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:05 PM

216 posts, read 1,185,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live41jc View Post
I wanted to let you and everyone else that has responded to this post know about a new restaurant that just opened in Lexington. Roots Restaurant, on Romany road, opened around mid-December. The restaurant's focus is using local and organic ingredients and preparing simple but delicious meals that highlight the flavors of the quality food product being used. I am the Pastry Chef at Roots, and after seeing the way other restaurants are run, I would highly recommend Roots as a place that you can trust to provide fresh and healthy dishes while also supporting the local farming community. I hope that you all will give it a try!!!
So good to hear!! Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area