U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 01:29 PM

36 posts, read 136,847 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I have been going crazy the past couple of weeks trying to find an inexpensive apt, that is in a decent area. It has not been easy. Apts in Lexington are very expensive. Plus the fact that I am currently in Upstate NY, and can not afford to travel to Lexington, to view any apts.
I have relied on the few friends that I have in your area, and upon you wonderful people!

So, I am asking again. Can anyone give me some info on the Royalty apts, which are on Royalty Court, which is off of Waller ave.

Any info would be most helpful

Thank You!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:50 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,528,964 times
Would it help if I drove by and looked at the outside/neighborhood? That's only a few miles away - and is pretty close to my daughter's school. That's near St. Joseph's hospital.

Someone else might know more about the complex which would be better, of course!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:14 PM

36 posts, read 136,847 times
That would be great if you could do that!

Thank you so much

Old 01-04-2008, 02:21 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,528,964 times
OK, probably tomorrow.

If anyone else knows anything ...

Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 PM

688 posts, read 2,809,633 times
I don't know anything at all about that particular complex, but I know that the neighborhood behind it (like American Ave) is somewhat rundown and seems a little sketchy at night. I'm not sure if it's just an aging area or if there really are higher crime rates, etc.

Waller is a fairly busy smaller road since it is a main through-way from campus to the west side of Lexington. It can get a little noisy, especially since St. Joe's hospital is right there and campus on the other side. You're close enough to campus that the apartments might be full of students (but again, I don't really know it). There is a small shopping plaza right there, with some nearby restaurants. Also, you would be close to several of the main bus lines for the city.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:43 PM

820 posts, read 2,641,616 times
Kleetucky - Waller ave is an area where many UK students would find a home. I'm not sure if that applies to you or not. If so, you would be close to campus. As previously said, it's a very busy and noisy area. You have a lot of through traffic on Waller. You have a lot of businesses. You have a very busy hospital that's main entrance is on Waller.

On the plus side, you would be close to UK if that's needed. You would also be close to Nicholasville Rd and Harrodsburg Rd which are two main throroughfares. However, at rush hours, you'll know you're close to those main roads.

You might try Shillito apts or Royal Cabana apts. Shillito is right next to a large park, shopping, and a main road "Man O War". They're safe with decent amenities. Royal Cabana is in an older neighborhood and they're older apts. They use to be quite reasonable. With that said, I haven't seen them in years and it's possible they've become more run down. You might want to try Lighthouse Square apts on Redding Rd. They're close to shopping and were very reasonably priced. They're not the most beautiful of apts, but do sit close to a small park and next to some established condos. A fairly safe area. I would avoid the Versailles Rd area where you'll find many inexpensive apts, but it is not considered a safe area to live. Avoid Eastland Pkwy as well, where you'd find cheaper apts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area