Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 02:08 AM

270 posts, read 274,027 times

Advertisements

Relocated to Lexington from TN earlier this week for a job that starts next week, but still haven't found an apartment. I'm a single guy, 31 years old, no kids. I would prefer a roommate situation, but it doesn't look like there is any place I can find that will amount to a significant savings so I'm starting to look into single bedroom/studio apartments. All I have is 2 suitcases on me.

I will be working on Beasley St near HWY 60.

I'd like to keep the commute under 15 minutes.

I really don't care about neighborhood environment other than safe (don't mind college or family environment).

I'd like to get something for at or under $600/mo in order to justify the move since I was paying $500 (utilities included) in TN, but am open to paying more if nothing is suitable at the price range. I was told that Cove Lake Village is a good place, but they don't have any openings until April.

My biggest issue would be pests as I am allergic to bites, but it seems like many buildings here have them according to online reviews. I did see an apartment available at ShoreLake so if anyone can give me any info on that, that would be great.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Oh and cake over pie, unless it's apple, because nothing is more American.

Last edited by peter_midnight; 03-05-2015 at 02:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 11:17 AM

Made an appointment to go to Tates Creek Village this saturday.

Also, interested in Shorelake Apartments.

Any info about these two places would be appreciated.

Safety is a concern as well. I grew up in a pretty bad part of Los Angeles, but that doesn't mean that I LIKED it, lol.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:55 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
I don't really know anything about the apartments you are looking at, ofcourse you can check the online reviews.

Tates Creek Village Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Lexington apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Tates Creek Village

Keep in mind that most of the time when people are happy they don't go review an apartment (It is usually when they have an axe to grind...or things are really, really bad) that being said, Tates Creek Village seems to have pretty decent reviews. I haven't lived in that area, but don't think Kirklevington Drive has any major crime problems (don't remember hearing the name in the news like you do several other areas of the city, at any rate....Tates Creek, I have heard is really hit or miss, some areas are great, and there are a few trouble spot areas)

The Other Apt you listed - Shorelake Apts.

Shorelake Apts

^That is the only review that I could find. I have no idea if that is a good or bad crime area.

I probably haven't been much help, but hope that you are able to get settled in a nice apartment and area of the city.
Welcome to Lexington!

Old 03-05-2015, 03:54 PM

If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
Due to the snow, I haven't checked them out yet.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:34 AM

Found a place I'm looking at off of Mt. Tabor & Richmond Rd. Is this area safe?

Old 03-09-2015, 01:46 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
I think that may be an okay area of Richmond Road (I worked with a lady who lived in Patchen Oaks Apts and she seemed to like it, and never complained of crime) You just have to be careful, because I think certain areas of Richmond Rd might be a little spotty, while others are great.

You shouldn't find anything to compare with the crime in A California city anywhere in Lexington except maybe the Winburn Dr and Hollow Creek area (seems someone is constantly get shot or shot at there). I would also stay away from certain parts of Versailles Rd and Woodhill. I have heard there are parts of Tates Creek Rd to avoid to, but many places there are fine, it depends on the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: