U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 05:56 PM

87 posts, read 157,820 times

Advertisements

Hello

I am Andy Swinnen from the Netherlands .
I recently adopted a grave of a soldier from WW2

We caretakers of the graves at the Netherlands/Belgium American Cemetery and Memorial ( Margraten and Henri Chapelle ) are the ones who will see to it that the men and women buried there will not be forgotten

I go there often with my wife and children to see that his grave is well being taken care for.
I always put flowers on his grave.

I now have Internet and i am trying to find out as much as possible about him but its very hard to find anything about him.
I would like to know everything about him so i can explane it to my children who s in that grave and what kind of man it was.
Now i am always looking at his grave and try to imagine who he was

I am trying the find a face or story behind the grave of this brave men, but i run out of help
So i hope i am at the right address.

Its about S/Sgt Theodore Monarcky ( ID 35771995 ) from Ashland, Kentucky, who died on 2 nov. 1944 in a b-17 plane crash in Europe and flew with the 615th Bomber Squadron, 401st Bomber Group, Heavy

I really hope you can help me or know someone else.

Thank you very much

Greetings, Andy Swinnen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 02:20 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,533,101 times
Welcome!

That is a wonderful thing you are doing. I know some members here have some excellent genealogical resources, as well as personal contacts. If I think of any leads, I will let you know.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 AM

Thank you , its a honor for me and my family to do that

Andy

Old 01-18-2008, 08:37 AM

528 posts, read 2,278,368 times
What a lovely thing you and your family are doing !

Perhaps you could contact the local newspaper there, with a letter to the editor asking if anyone knows of his family in the area....or perhaps the paper could run a little story about your search - I think it would make for interesting reading. Here is the paper's website:

Daily Independent (Ashland, KY) - Homepage

Beyond that, I'm not sure...perhaps the city clerk's office might be able to suggest places to look? Here is a website for the city, also for the Boyd County library which might be of help:

Welcome to the City of Ashland Kentucky

Boyd County Public Library, Ashland, Kentucky

the library's website does mention some research tools for genealogical research, so perhaps you could start there.
Good luck in your search !

Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 AM

Thank you Toria

I just wrote a email to the library and to the newspapers.
Lets hope the know something

Thanks again

Andy

Old 01-18-2008, 04:54 PM

I found his address from 1944

Theodore Monarcky
Box 77
Ashland , West virginia

And I have pictures from ancestry, waugh
Andy

Old 04-19-2008, 02:51 AM

The picture is great but I still haven't found any clue in finding his family,
Would someone please help me.
Andy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area