U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 02:16 PM

25 posts, read 61,290 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband and I are moving to Lexington for two months (March/April) so we are needing to find somewhere to live. He will be working an internship at Cardinal Hill.
What are the best/safest areas of town?

Does anyone know about this:
Extended Stay America
2650 Wilhite Drive
Lexington 40503

We have to find somewhere furnished to stay, and this looks affordable, but we want to be in a good location. It looks like it is near the intersection of Nicholasville Road and New Circle.

Please reply as you are our only help in finding information!! Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 02:25 PM

458 posts, read 2,155,650 times
You might want to check out Relocation Services in Lexington, Kentucky - Lexington Relocation Services or VESTA Executive Housing. They have furnished apartments all across the city (in good areas), and they are comparable to hotel rates.

We stayed with Vesta while we visited in May 2007 for 10 days with my 3 kids and it was cheaper than a hotel and was a complex with a pool and workout room. My kids go nuts in hotel rooms after awhile and an apartment was much more like home and made it more relaxing for us.

We are now living in a rental home in Lexington and preparing to soon start a search for permanent digs. We are loving it.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:41 PM

688 posts, read 2,811,215 times
I would look into the relocation groups that Micah Girl mentioned - they are often cheaper and also tend to feel more like a regular home (vs a hotel) since they're usually regular apt complexes.

The Extended Stay is in an area with a lot of office complexes, etc, and I can't imagine that there would be much crime to worry about. It is a busy area during rush hour and the holiday shopping season, but also close to a lot of things in Lexington (shopping, restaurants, etc).

Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 AM

486 posts, read 1,735,693 times
That area of town is a very nice area, but can get extremely hectic (by LEX standards) during rush hour. Nicholasville Road is really the only street in Lexington that stays pretty busy throughout the entire day, but it's nothing compared to a larger city. Also if you've never driven in reversible lanes, this could be quite interesting for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area