Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 01:25 AM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times

Advertisements

It's 3:20 am! I can't sleep the storms are awful! I live in an brick home in Hamburg, I looked in my garage and the door to my attic somehow was laying on the floor of my garage half destroyed. Strange?? It was obviously the wind, but I am totaly confused how it blew in my attic, in my garage with the garage door down the whole time. OOO I can't stand tornados! I hope everyones family is ok..I did hear that E-town was hit hard and the South West part of Lexington! I hope all is well, if anyone has a storm story I would love to hear about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 07:39 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,116 times
I am also in Hamburg, my wife woke me up and said it was really bad. I was half concious but looked ouitside and discover our two deck chairs were missing. I found one this morning but if anyone sees a red deck chair in the hamburg area let me know. I cannot also tell you the joy of trying to get a cat back into the house during such severe weather. the little bugger snuck out on the deck and didnt like the rain but didnt want to go back in, so Im out there getting soaked trying capture this wet furball, the lesson here get a dog.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 AM

6 posts, read 21,226 times
Has anybody heard anything from Adolphus, KY?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:05 PM

969 posts, read 2,818,760 times
I live in Andover Hill. The storm woke me up also. I looked out the window and couldn't see the house across the street. (I mean that it was raining so hard that I just couldn't see it, not that it had disappeared!)

Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
It was certainly fierce, but we were so fortunate to escape serious damage and injury like received in TN and AR. My neighborhood had things blown about and limbs down. The biggest obstacle I found personally was the complication of Harrodsburg Rd being closed this morning and limited access to Nicholasville Rd.

I still have damage I haven't gotten fixed from the hail storm last year - I was praying there'd be no more!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area