Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,162 times

Advertisements

I've been casually looking at condos and like the ones at Bent Tree on Redding Rd. However they are so inexpensive (yay) and look to be in a nice area that I'm wondering what the downside might be. Does anyone live there or know someone who does/did? What is the population like (I'm retired so want to stay away from party people), are there a lot of rental units, and how responsive is the Board? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 03:19 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,082 times
I have shown a few of those units over the years. I like the complex. It can be noisy since it is so close to New Circle. The whole Redding Road area is not as nice as it use to be, but this complex is on the better end of that road.

I did a quick PVA search for you. It looks like there are 44 units. Based on where the tax bill is sent, I think 26 are owner occupied and 18 are tenant occupied. Usually the tax bill gets sent to the property if it is owner occupied. Tenant occupied properties typically have their tax bills sent to the owner's address.

I think what hurts this complex is the $180 a month in association dues. That is pretty steep!

Another complex with low prices that I like are the townhouses on Warwick Drive. That is also off of Redding Road....and on the side that isn't quite as nice. However, the complex is mostly older people and is kept up well. I had a lady almost buy one of those so I recently did a lot of research and was over there multiple times. The dues are around $107 a month depending on which unit you have. Values for a 2 bedroom/1.5 bath unit are in the low $70s. I think this complex is a bargain. The prices would probably be higher but the complex is not FHA approved. That means anybody doing an FHA loan cannot buy there. In this price range, that does rule out a lot of potential buyers.

If you wanted something in this price range without HOA dues, there are townhouses on Sutherland Drive in Gainesway. You can get a 2 bedroom/1.5 bath unit for in the mid $60s. That complex is nice at the moment, but I am not sure it will stay that way. It has many owner occupants right now, but they seem to be turning into rentals as they sell.

Hope that helps you out!!

Old 07-12-2016, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 3,162 times
Thank you. I've driven through Bent Tree and like the layout of units, but worry it's a "get what you pay for" deal. I owned a Warwick unit when they were first built and while I like the park proximity, I need an enclosed patio as I have dogs. Thanks again for your time and trouble. I appreciate your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area