U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 01:15 PM

216 posts, read 1,105,050 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading this forum for the past year and ever once in awhile the topic of Spring allergies gets brought up. I did some research and have found that Lexington is not up there as one of the worst as people have mentioned. See Top 100 Worst Cities For Spring Allergies - Forbes.com (This was only one of the reports...I found others too that did not include Lexington in the top 25%)

I also found it interesting the the mosre mild the Winter, the worse the Spring allergies.

In any case, if someone has current research showing otherwise, I would love to see it. We are moving to Lexington this summer, and I want to be prepared.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 PM

603 posts, read 2,149,805 times
Well, then be prepared for allergies and/or asthma. It's bad. I'm originally from SC and have had allergies and asthma my entire life. It's worse here than in SC (which I thought was bad enough). My first winter in Lexington, I had 4 asthma attacks a day until I got my asthma under control. My 6 year old daughter has now been diagnosed with asthma and allergies. My 4 year old son has allergies and also suffers from asthma when he has a cold. Case in point: One April, my son's eyes swelled shut within 3 minutes. His doctor told us to rush him to the ER where the doc pronounced, "allergies". I said, "He's the only one in the family who doesn't have allergies". He replied, "In April, everyone has allergies in Lexington".
If you get here and discover you're having trouble, I recommend Drs Gerson and Greisner. They take children and adults as patients. Their care has been a blessing to our family.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:49 AM

688 posts, read 2,810,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charz View Post
Well, then be prepared for allergies and/or asthma. It's bad. I'm originally from SC and have had allergies and asthma my entire life. It's worse here than in SC (which I thought was bad enough). My first winter in Lexington, I had 4 asthma attacks a day until I got my asthma under control. My 6 year old daughter has now been diagnosed with asthma and allergies. My 4 year old son has allergies and also suffers from asthma when he has a cold. Case in point: One April, my son's eyes swelled shut within 3 minutes. His doctor told us to rush him to the ER where the doc pronounced, "allergies". I said, "He's the only one in the family who doesn't have allergies". He replied, "In April, everyone has allergies in Lexington".
If you get here and discover you're having trouble, I recommend Drs Gerson and Greisner. They take children and adults as patients. Their care has been a blessing to our family.
Yeah, that! Allergies are definitely an issue (both in the spring and the fall). If you know you have them, then you will have to be proactive about treatment. And I agree about the DR rec - Dr Greisner is my allergist and I love their practice! Very "in-the-know" about local allergies and treatments.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:44 PM

216 posts, read 1,105,050 times
I am coming from a place where pollen is high all year long, along with other allergens that are present here but not in KY. I sincerely appreciate all of the leads for good docs. I am trying some holistic approachs too...diet especially. It will be interesting to see what the Spring is like in Lexington, especially after a colder Winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area