U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 AM

25 posts, read 61,226 times

Advertisements

Hi, what are some good lunch restaurants (Bistros,cafes..etc.) that aren't the typical chain places.. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 AM

688 posts, read 2,808,868 times
I like Hanna's on Lime - small hole-in-the-wall place that gets pretty busy during the lunch break: www.hannasonlime.com

Also, in Chevy Chase there is a Mediterranean restaurant, Oasis, that does a lunchtime buffet that is really good: Oasis Restaurant - Eastern Mediterranean & Lebanese Cuisine

Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM

486 posts, read 1,733,968 times
AP Suggins and AP Roots on Romany Road are good lunch spots. Hannah's on Lime is excellent as well. I've never been to Oasis for lunch, but love their dinner selections. Also on Romany Road is a place called Phat Pie that serves quiches, sandwiches, etc. Billy's BBQ is a nice lunch spot on the corner of Tates Creek and Cochran. Courtyard Deli on Cheapside in downtown is a great deli restaurant- be sure to get there early and beat the 12:30 rush. La Gourmet is a small slicery style place downtown and Bourbon and Toulouse is an excellent cajun style cafe. La Gourmet and B and T are located next to Starbucks on the corner of Main and Broadway inside that complex across from Victorian Square. Lexington unfortunately doesn't have very much in the way of bistros like you'll find in larger cities, but there are some really good local spots to grab a bite.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lec1219 View Post
Hi, what are some good lunch restaurants (Bistros,cafes..etc.) that aren't the typical chain places.. Thanks for your help!
well, there is, wendys, mc donalds, burger king, j miltens, sonics, krystals, arbys, hardees, and many more!

Old 03-02-2008, 05:02 PM

891 posts, read 2,802,269 times
Zuni's on High St in Chevy Chase is a good French Bistro. Excellent sandwiches, breads and pastries.
On Clays Mill is an excellent New York style deli; Stanley J's.
Giacamo's is downtown. I have no yet eaten there but have heard good reviews from those that have.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:42 PM

201 posts, read 439,716 times
Jimmy John's. Pitta Pit, Tolly Ho..

All close to UK's campus..

Old 03-03-2008, 05:21 AM

6,749 posts, read 20,267,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_08 View Post
well, there is, wendys, mc donalds, burger king, j miltens, sonics, krystals, arbys, hardees, and many more!
Sweetie they asked for no chain restaurants

Old 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM

Giacamo's is excellent as well. I forgot to mention that in my last post. Stanley J's is another place that you need to get to early before the mad lunch rush begins. Common Grounds is a neat little coffee house on High Street. Oh and we don't have Krystal in Lexington

Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,541,807 times
Natasha's Cafe is downtown on Esplanade. Don't miss it! Ramsey's Diners are several places in town, and are wonderful, dependable for pleasant atmosphere and good food. My favorite is the original on East High Street. I don't know whether a la Lucie is currently serving lunch, but that is always a treat. There is a very decent Italian place downtown next to the Main Street/Broadway Starbucks. I forget its name but the food is great! The American-food bar on the other side of that Starbucks serves a wonderful burger. Cheapside Bar, at Short Street and Cheapside, is generally good. The Atomic Cafe, at Third and Limestone, is very decent food with a Cuban flair.
Bon appetit!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 AM

Furlong's is a good low country Louisiana style restaurant. Are they open for lunch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area