Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:50 PM

70 posts, read 293,713 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I found this website about the CentrePointe building that's being built in Lexington. It came from the website of the developers. www.cptlex.com I noticed it has all the information regarding the building, as well as pictures. The pictures are pretty neat, because they took a picture of the construction site, and put the building in with some type of photo editing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 05:08 AM

2 posts, read 6,509 times
Default BRING SOME "COOL" to LEX

Lexington needs the "cool" factor BAD. It is and has always been way too traditional. It can be quite boring. Although the live music scene is decent, there is no place that you can go "kick-it" with intelligent, cool people. What if there was a spot downtown that was smart, sexy and vibrant with no attitude, no commitment and a fresh agenda? Kind of like a "specialty bar" that is easy, bright and amusing with a cool edge? A playful spot that you pop into before you go out, when you want to go out or after you go out? Do you think it would work?

Old 01-21-2009, 06:24 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecowgurl View Post
Lexington needs the "cool" factor BAD. It is and has always been way too traditional. It can be quite boring. Although the live music scene is decent, there is no place that you can go "kick-it" with intelligent, cool people. What if there was a spot downtown that was smart, sexy and vibrant with no attitude, no commitment and a fresh agenda? Kind of like a "specialty bar" that is easy, bright and amusing with a cool edge? A playful spot that you pop into before you go out, when you want to go out or after you go out? Do you think it would work?
The "cool" factor? That got me laughing.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 AM

218 posts, read 636,965 times
I'm right there with you Cowgurl,

Let's fill up a post with a lot of fresh "buzz" words, indeterminate concepts and undefinable terms, them look for a place that may have them. When we can"t find them we can raise hell and "biach" that they don"t exist.

Life is so unfair to those who can"t figure out what they want until someone else defines it and supplies it for them.

You go gurl.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:36 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
The Centre Point site has been cleared - literally. It seems the work has stopped since all the previous buildings were removed, probably due to the loan crisis. Does anyone know the status of this project - I'm guessing it will resume to its full plans when the credit crisis clears up?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The Centre Point site has been cleared - literally. It seems the work has stopped since all the previous buildings were removed, probably due to the loan crisis. Does anyone know the status of this project - I'm guessing it will resume to its full plans when the credit crisis clears up?
It was just on the news last week or so, they claim it's because they are waiting for the state to give its Ok's. Also, the loan crisis I believe has cleared up now.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:55 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
weve heard that before....ill believe this one when its up and open, with condos sold. But I hope someone in KY can get some skyscrapers going up because right now we have a whole lot of midrises under construction!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:36 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
That prarie will likely sit empty for years. As for condos, Hell, the ones already built downtown can't sell. They're so desperate at Main and Rose they offered to buy my house sight unseen, on a driveby, if I'd buy a unit. And they offered me a good price too. No dice.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:33 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
What a waste of fine historic buildings. I first heard about this project in the late winter/early spring of 2008. I thought it did not make sense (at least in the location that was used and to destroy those buildings.) If it could have been done in another area and not affected historic buildings I think it is an ok idea.

It is a shame.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM

145 posts, read 518,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
What a waste of fine historic buildings. I first heard about this project in the late winter/early spring of 2008. I thought it did not make sense (at least in the location that was used and to destroy those buildings.) If it could have been done in another area and not affected historic buildings I think it is an ok idea.

It is a shame.
A waste of fine historic buildings? Those buildings were dumps and an eye sore to the city. It is funny how no one seemed to care about them when they were there but once someone wanted to tear them down everyone came out of the woodwork to save them. If they meant so much to everyone why weren't they treated better or restored or taken better care of. No one was up in arms about the historic buildings until they were being torn down. They were ugly and needed to go. Had people practiced what they preached and cared as much as they say they did the buildings could have been better maintained and maybe they wouldn't have been a wreck and begging to be torn down. Would you like some sweet tea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area