U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2017, 11:57 AM

1 posts, read 693 times

Advertisements

i know some hotels do weekly stays or maybe even monthly? but the ones ive found is like 460 and 300 per week and thats not a option for me. im 18 and still in high school, i just need something till around 5/31 before i go to louisville for college and work, but right now im ive been sleeping in the back of my boyfriends car. any ideas or help?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 08:02 AM

11,024 posts, read 22,543,061 times
I'd recommend getting a better job at a warehouse or get a CNA license and work full time for $11 an hour. Car insurance is really expensive at that age but if both of you work full time you'll be fine. Motels are a lot more expensive than a cheap apartment. If you want to stay in Louisville long term why not go ahead and move? Or stay in Lexington. Even a dirt cheap motel is $900 a month vs $450 for a basic studio apartment.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:04 PM

11,901 posts, read 9,823,706 times
Are you going to be graduating from high school this spring? Talk with your guidance counselor about your situation - it is not safe for you to sleep in your boyfriend's car. It sounds as if you would qualify for emergency shelter, which might or might not be at a motel. How old are you? 17 0r 18? The law changes when you turn 18, as you probably know.

Where are your parents or other family members, and why are you not with them? Do you have friends with whom you could stay for the next few weeks?

If you are 18, go to the Salvation Army on Main Street in Lexington and see if they can help you. If you are under 18, your parents or guardians are responsible for you and are obliged to provide you with the basics - a safe place to live, food, necessities, etc. If they are abusive or threw you out, contact the authorities.

How are you managing college, if you are essentially homeless right now? Why are you homeless? Your message leaves lots of questions unanswered. Tell us more about what's going on, and you're more likely to get good suggestions.

You should be able to stay at the Salvation Army shelter for at least two weeks, probably more if you're in school. They can also provide good suggestions about additional help.

Needless to say, drugs, alcohol, and illegal behavior should not be in the picture at all.

Best wishes to you.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:07 PM

11,901 posts, read 9,823,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'd recommend getting a better job at a warehouse or get a CNA license and work full time for $11 an hour. Car insurance is really expensive at that age but if both of you work full time you'll be fine. Motels are a lot more expensive than a cheap apartment. If you want to stay in Louisville long term why not go ahead and move? Or stay in Lexington. Even a dirt cheap motel is $900 a month vs $450 for a basic studio apartment.
The OP is still in high school but should graduate shortly. That needs to be her priority at present, along with finding a safe place to live in Lexington for the next few weeks. Not clear if boyfriend is also moving to Louisville or how college will be managed, if she is homeless. Also not clear why she's not staying with her boyfriend rather than in his car, unless a youthful Romeo and Juliet scenario is in play and his parents are clueless about it.

OP, please fill in some blanks for us so we can get a better idea what's going on and can offer more practical suggestions.

Stay safe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: