U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,723,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Those are very nice houses, about the nicest I've seen. I like that concrete siding in pastel colors. I think it's a somewhat poor location though. The same or similar houses are being built by the same fella off old Chilesburg Road.
Jimmy Nash is one of the builders. The neighborhood off Chilesburg Road is Still Meadow and it's very nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 06:23 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Jimmy Nash is one of the builders. The neighborhood off Chilesburg Road is Still Meadow and it's very nice too.
Yes. You know, as an old Chicago guy I just can't get into this calling neighborhoods "Andover Meadows" and "Chilesburg Estates" and such. I tell people I live "onna Southeast side, by Hays and Todd".

Old 05-31-2008, 08:36 AM

603 posts, read 2,150,176 times
You want the facts about Lexington?

I wish someone had told me that Lexington is Allergy City. I had 4 asthma attacks a day when I moved here. I found an asthma/allergy doctor before I found a general practitioner.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM

9 posts, read 29,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Traffic in Lexington isn't bad at all. You want bad try Western Ave. in Chicago at 3 in the afternoon, that's bad. In Chicago I wouldn't even take my car out after 2 in the afternoon but I'd take the El or the streetcar.

I lived in Chicago all my life until I came down to Lexington a couple of years ago and Lexington has a nice mix. For a small southern (but not fanatically southern, know what I mean?) city it's fairly liberal and openminded. There are some good used bookstores and a few decent places to eat. What I really miss are good ethnic joints---no Polish or Bohemian places here and the Italian food is wretched and you can forget about a good pizza. No beef stands or hot-dog stands of course. Waffle House is cool though.

One thing that's very tiresome down here is all the Christian business and people wearing thier religion on their sleeve.

Maybe I was a little harsh about crime in Lexington no it isn't that bad. And it is so true about all the Christian business and people wearing their religion on their sleeve.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM

844 posts, read 1,857,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaas View Post
all the Christian business and people wearing their religion on their sleeve.
Love it or leave it

No worse than the liberals, Pagans and gays wearing their beliefs on their sleeves... and believe me, Lexington is "flaming" with these types.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:04 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
Love it or leave it

I left it. Thank God, now I can get a decent pizza and Chinese again. And in Lexington caggage rolls, pierogis and kugelis were simply out of the question.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM

9 posts, read 29,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
Love it or leave it

No worse than the liberals, Pagans and gays wearing their beliefs on their sleeves... and believe me, Lexington is "flaming" with these types.
I am a liberal and gay, yes most of the so called Christians are worse than us they claim to want to share Gods love yet they still are convinced we were born just to burn in hell, the day someone says me and my partner are invited to church with no ulterior motives of changing us is the day I will consider rediscovering christianity !!!!

Last edited by toyotaas; 06-18-2009 at 12:25 AM..

Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 AM

844 posts, read 1,857,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaas View Post
the day someone says me and my partner are invited to church with no ulterior motives of changing us is the day I will consider rediscovering christianity !!!!
Welcome to "that day" I am inviting you to Quest Community Church!!!

I do not represent them in any way... I am simply another human being like yourself, but the crowd there is definitely great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area