U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 AM

2,927 posts, read 7,723,483 times

Advertisements

I would say to look on the southside of town. It would be hard finding a home in that price range however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 09:24 AM

10,249 posts, read 21,735,919 times
There are some areas of smaller/ older (1970s) era homes outside of New Circle on the South End of town. You might want to look in the Boston Rd area. Further in, the area around Beacon Hill Drive is still pretty nice

Old 04-04-2008, 04:11 PM

969 posts, read 2,499,337 times
How about the Grassy Creek/Hidden Springs area outside MOW near Boston Rd? Another area that may work is Blueberry Hill. The roads out there are Yale/Temple and other Ivy League sachools. It is on the SE side onf Nicholasville Rd and Wilson-Downing. The houses can be small, but check out Southhampton/Northhampton. A little farther east is Belleau Woods. FYI On lbar.com, Richmond Rd. to Nicholasville Rd is Area 3, Nicholasville Rd to Leestown Rd is area 4. Good Luck!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:53 PM

10 posts, read 33,250 times
Everyone keeps on mentioning "area 3 vs area 4" on LBAR and I can't figure out how to search by area number. Anyone mind cluing me in?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:50 AM

I recently discovered that you can't search on LBAR by area. You use to be able to, but they have changed that since I last went in on the public side. On the agent side of the site you can search by just about anything!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:28 AM

458 posts, read 2,155,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillagig View Post
Everyone keeps on mentioning "area 3 vs area 4" on LBAR and I can't figure out how to search by area number. Anyone mind cluing me in?
Go to The Lexington Bluegrass Multiple Listing Service .
Click on Find Properties.
Click on the little window with the magnifying glass next to "Areas"
Check off Fayette County SW 4 and click on OK.
Then check off the other parameters you want and click on submit.
If you have over 100 hits it will ask you to put in more parameters to get fewer hits.

It works similarly if you are looking to check off subdivisions, which is my particular addiction.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 AM

That is the difference. Micahgirl linked to lbarmls.com. You can only search by county if you use lbar.com. The lbar.com one is really limited in choosing search criteria. It use to be that the page you see on lbarmls.com was the same one on lbar.com. That is what they have changed over the past couple years!!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
Default Lexington Area

I want to relocate between Waynesboro, VA where my son lives and Lexington where I will be close enough to drive to a major lake like Smith Mountain and be close to major shopping as well. I currently live in N VA and health issues have forced me into retiring early. Other considerations would
be lower cost of living, and housing. Can you purchase a Ranch style
home in a nice safe livable area for 250K? What are some of the area's
we should check out? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:20 AM

15 posts, read 44,421 times
Question More info please!

I may be relocating to Lexington this fall and will be working at the VA medical center. I am interested in a brick rancher or condo with garage for under $220K. I prefer 3 bedrooms, 2 & 1/2 baths, formal living and dining rooms. Top priorities are safe and convenient. Any neighborhoods that would fit the bill?Also gas heat is a must! Can someone please explain the property taxes in Lexington to me?

Old 07-09-2008, 06:07 PM

820 posts, read 2,643,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
There is nothing unsafe about Southland! Good grief.... it's like Mayberry.
Absolutely! It's one of my favorite older areas of Lexington. Would have moved in that area myself years ago except didn't want to change my kid's school. The homes are well priced with many of them having much charm and the area is close to everything.

Also, Stonewall was mentioned. You can't touch a house in the Stonewall area for low 100,000s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or