U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:38 PM

93 posts, read 311,573 times

Advertisements

Thanks, but I wouldn't have any way of knowing whether a building is in the "Winburn," or any other area since I've never been to Lexington. That's why this feedback is so invaluable.
Thanks mucho!
Zoe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 05:31 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,720,275 times
As others have said. I would NOT recommend Codell Drive to anyone. It is a known "bad" area in town.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:34 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,720,275 times
Some of Lexington's nicest apartments in my opinion are Bridle Creek, Beaumont Farms, Hamburg Farms, Fountains at Andover, Reserve at Pinnacle, Oak Grove of Lexington. All of these are on the southside of town. Nearly all are near or on Man O War Blvd.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:56 AM

16 posts, read 59,139 times
I've been reading the replies about the Codell area. My husband and I are moving to Lexington in two week. We had a rather abrupt job transfer with only two 1/2 weeks to pack up and go. Since he is a nurse we looked at the Empirian properties which offer a discount. We ended up renting at Cedarwood. Now, we haven't been there yet, but I did go to various websites to get crime statistics. It doesn't seem as bad as many have made it out to be. Do any of you live there? Is it just the fact that I am moving from San Antonio (where the crime is high) and have lived in a rough area of Indianapolis, that it doesn't sound bad?

I read another post where the responder said that one of their sister properties that was not far away (maybe a mile) in 40517 was an okay area to live. Who knows. If we get there and it is worse that we thought we will only do a 6 months lease and since they let you get large dogs . . . get one. My son would love it anyway.

I'd love to hear from someone who lives close to this area.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 AM

688 posts, read 2,810,335 times
Hmmm...as far as Lexington goes, that is a pretty high-crime area. I lived in a that area for a very short time a little while ago, and we did see a lot of police chases, auto break-ins, etc. Not the same that you would see in high-crime neighborhoods of Chicago or LA, of course, but pretty significant for Lexington.

I don't know anything specific about that apartment complex, but I remember that a few years ago at a bordering apt complex, a young woman was robbed and murdered in broad daylight as she unloaded groceries from her car. Also, there was a drug-related shooting/murder in the parking lot at a nearby family restaurant.

I guess a lot of it depends on what your personal tolerance is for crime levels.

ETA: If you haven't already found it, the police dept's crime map is a great tool to research crime in an area. You can put in any address in Lexington and it will show what types of complaints the police have received around that area for the past six months: http://crimewatch.lfucg.com/crimeFrames.asp

Last edited by nlschr0; 08-06-2008 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: Added crime map link

Old 08-06-2008, 05:09 PM

820 posts, read 2,642,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme snow View Post
I've been reading the replies about the Codell area. My husband and I are moving to Lexington in two week. We had a rather abrupt job transfer with only two 1/2 weeks to pack up and go. Since he is a nurse we looked at the Empirian properties which offer a discount. We ended up renting at Cedarwood. Now, we haven't been there yet, but I did go to various websites to get crime statistics. It doesn't seem as bad as many have made it out to be. Do any of you live there? Is it just the fact that I am moving from San Antonio (where the crime is high) and have lived in a rough area of Indianapolis, that it doesn't sound bad?

I read another post where the responder said that one of their sister properties that was not far away (maybe a mile) in 40517 was an okay area to live. Who knows. If we get there and it is worse that we thought we will only do a 6 months lease and since they let you get large dogs . . . get one. My son would love it anyway.

I'd love to hear from someone who lives close to this area.
I don't know how old your son is, but I would NOT want to live on Codell drive with a child. Pure and simple. I wouldn't want to live there period, but most especially with my child. I am possibly more liberal than most about what I think constitutes a good neighborhood, and Codell Drive isn't it. JMO

Old 08-06-2008, 08:17 PM

Thank you very much. I really do appreciate your answers and the local site for crime. Maybe we will have to reconsider this location. We lived in a rough complex in Indianapolis that included a murder/suicide, four rapes, several assaults, robberies and domestic stuff while we lived there. But my son was an infant and now he is 4 and LOVES to play outside. Any recommendations? My husband will be working at the VA hospital and I am a stay at home mom so the cheaper the better.

How is the Man O War / Harrodsburg road area? There is a sister property over there. I looked on the crime site and it appears there is FAR less crime there.

Last edited by gimme snow; 08-06-2008 at 08:44 PM..

Old 08-06-2008, 08:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,545,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme snow View Post
How is the Man O War / Harrodsburg road area? There is a sister property over there. I looked on the crime site and it appears there is FAR less crime there.
That would be MUCH MUCH better.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Thank you so much. Guess I'll call them first thing in the morning and hope they have something open.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:57 AM

688 posts, read 2,810,335 times
Yes - that area is a much better choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area