U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 AM

16 posts, read 59,147 times

Advertisements

How's the area around armstrong mill road and Man O war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 05:24 PM

820 posts, read 2,643,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme snow View Post
How is the Man O War / Harrodsburg road area? There is a sister property over there. I looked on the crime site and it appears there is FAR less crime there.
Yes, there would be far less crime and it's an area your son could play outside as well as an area you'd feel safe if your husband was working nights for example. No comparison in how you would feel (with Codell drive that is).

Old 08-07-2008, 05:26 PM

820 posts, read 2,643,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme snow View Post
How's the area around armstrong mill road and Man O war?
I would say maybe. There's some pockets in that general area that aren't too bad. It would depend exactly on what you're looking at. There's also some areas there that are similar to Codell Drive and I wouldn't recommend. If you can give specifics, people can probably help narrow that area down.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:13 PM

Sadly, we are in quite a bind. We are leaving in less than two weeks and are on a limited budget until we know what our expenses will be in comparison to my husbands new pay. Add to that the fact that we are not having luck finding anything available for at least another month.

I have checked the crime in the area of that complex and fortunately it was pretty minimal. So, we are just going to sign the shortest lease we can, get a dog and look elsewhere. Besides, winter is coming soon and crime always seemed to drop in Indianapolis when winter rolled around. Hopefully it's the same in Lexington.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:24 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,546,879 times
You can find low-cost, low-crime apartments in the 40503 zip code. I can't think of a single dangerous area in that zip code, but there are some very inexpensive areas. That is a quick reliable tip if you are pressed for time.

Even if it doesn't help you (if you've already signed a short lease), it may help someone who reads this next...

Old 08-28-2008, 05:06 PM

We've moved to Lexington and are in Cedarwood Apartments on Codell Dr. I have to say I am confused at the posts about this area. I don't know if it's because I've lived in San Francisco Bay area, Indianapolis (750,000) and San Antonio (1.8 million and really high crime) but this area seems okay to me. The complex is well maintain, quiet and the neighbors are very nice. I would recommend this place. It's convenient to shopping and it's pretty easy to get downtown. Guess I'm just used to areas with higher crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area