Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:16 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,613 times

Advertisements

We need some more threads in this forum. I am sure this question is nothing new to this forum, but most the members seem to be newer. Soooooooo, Hamburg, do you love it or hate it and why!

I use to hate it when I lived in Gainesway. Now that I am in Andover, I love it. I discovered that I hated it then because half the battle was just getting around MOW. Now that all I have to do is cross MOW, it seems really convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 PM

218 posts, read 637,153 times
By Hamburg, do you mean the shopping area or the residential area?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:35 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,054,166 times
Hate it. Hate the parking, the location, the layout...

My mom hates and bemoans the loss of the horse farm underneath.

If all those stores were where Lexington Mall used to be, and INDOORS, that would be good.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:28 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
Oh, I'm sorry Lexpert, but I HATE it! While I love the variety of the stores in the shopping areas, trying to get to each one is risking life and limb at most times of the day! The lay out is crazy! I know people complain about the traffic on Harrodsburg and Nicholasville, but it seems like much more organized chaos than Hamburg.

As far as the homes, I think everything was built so quickly, that many of the subdivisions lack charm and character. That being said, there's many lovely homes out there.... but I'd pick several other areas of town over Hamburg anytime if I was choosing a new home.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM

324 posts, read 1,138,604 times
Like the stores, not the concept. It is a traffic nightmare to even enter that area. It is like a little city of it's own out there. I live about 10 min. from the shopping and avoid it ..

Old 04-05-2008, 05:37 AM

528 posts, read 2,480,905 times
I like the stores, but not the layout....but if I need to go, I try to do it on a weekday morning, etc when things are quieter. Then I find it's not bad at all....

Though I haven't actually alked through it yet, I love the horse cemetary they built in front of Walmart, with the famous residents who were re-located there. I don't know what they did with the original and fancy headstones, though, seems like those were lost in the move...

Old 04-05-2008, 01:07 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
I like the huge variety of stores in Hamburg. I don't really like the maze of a parking lot however. I have been all over the US and this shopping center is by far the nicest one I've seen. Star Shoot Parkway needs to be extended to Liberty Road so traffic would be somewhat lighter. Last time I was out there it ended at the West Wind Subdivision not far from Liberty Road.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:58 PM

218 posts, read 637,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Star Shoot Parkway needs to be extended to Liberty Road so traffic would be somewhat lighter. Last time I was out there it ended at the West Wind Subdivision not far from Liberty Road.
This road will be completed this Spring as soon as the weather breaks and the asphalt plants re-open. Most of the curb and gutter work is done. There will be another connection from the Trade Center Dr dead end behind Sam's Club.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:11 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex View Post
This road will be completed this Spring as soon as the weather breaks and the asphalt plants re-open. Most of the curb and gutter work is done. There will be another connection from the Trade Center Dr dead end behind Sam's Club.
Thanks for the info. Glad they're finally doing this.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,733,951 times
I love it! Mind you, I live in the same zip code area, so I'm totally biased. I actually think Fayette Mall is a bigger nightmare in terms of parking & traffic congestion so I hardly go there, or to the west part of town for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area