U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 03:48 PM

9 posts, read 32,693 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Lexington in June, and I'm looking for Christian preschool options for my 4 years old daughter, for next fall. I would really appreciate some first hand recommendations....Church preschools are great.

Also, any ballet schools?

We're living in the 40515 area, specifically the Waterford subdivision (is there a better way to describe where we're living?), so something somewhat nearby would be nice.

Thanks!
Laura
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:15 PM

891 posts, read 2,804,772 times
Good Shepherd is fabulous as is St. Michael's. I have first hand experience with Good Shepherd and know many people that have loved St. Michael's.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:25 PM

969 posts, read 2,499,006 times
We had both our boys in Immanuel Baptist. IT IS THE BEST!!!!! It is on Tates Creek Rd, so it isn't too far from neighborhood. We had wonderful experiences with both boys. I don't know if she is still there, but I can't say enough wonderful things about Mrs. Barlow. She is one of those teachers that you just know was born to teach and love little children. Also, the school seemed to be very well managed. I am sure there are other good ones, but I would look into Immanuel before you made a decision.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 AM

1,714 posts, read 5,546,879 times
Centenary Methodist has a wonderful preschool.

Lexington Ballet is the best. It's worth the drive.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:20 PM

603 posts, read 2,149,913 times
First United Methodist (I think--it's way past my bedtime) has a ballet program that's well priced.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:44 PM

820 posts, read 2,643,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
Good Shepherd is fabulous as is St. Michael's. I have first hand experience with Good Shepherd and know many people that have loved St. Michael's.
Those are good recommendations.

As far as ballet goes - is it something that is a new experience for your daughter or something that she's already into and you believe she may continue to progress? Our parks and recreation had and I believe still have a wonderful program called "Kiddie Kapers" which offered all sorts of classes from ballet to gymnastics and every form of dance in between. They use to offer classes at Tates Creek Center which isn't far from Waterford. You could simply call Parks and Recreation and ask for a booklet of programming. This is around the time of year they publish a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area