U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 05:52 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,541,807 times

Advertisements

Depends on your taste. I don't care for those newer homes myself. If I had a $1M budget, I'd go for something lovely on South Hanover or South Ashland Avenue. My aunt and uncle used to have a lovely home on Fairway - that is a nice area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 08:54 PM

969 posts, read 2,496,364 times
A million bucks will buy alot of house in Lexington. Do you want newer construction or an older, established neigborhood? You may also consider North Jessamine County. There are alot new huge houses on large lots. Most of the houses in Lex that are over a million are in the 40502 zipcode or are in the country (For lack of a better term.)

Old 04-26-2008, 08:54 PM

13 posts, read 78,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Firebrook just seems like an average Lexington neighborhood to me. The homes are what $300,000 - $600,000? That's nothing compared to some other places around town.

I suppose you are right, but when I drive past Firebrook - and compare them to the older neighborhoods that are in the $600,000 + range with smaller houses - which are smaller due to their age - I automatically think that Firebrook would be a great place to have a giant house If I were very wealthy. I'd love to live in the nice houses in between downtown and richmond road as well.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Most of Firebrook is in the $300-450k range. Only the ones on Waterside and by the ponds go for $600-750k. I don't like Firebrook at all. (Sorry!!) If I were buying on that part of town, I would much prefer to be in Palomar or Beaumont. For $600,000ish in a newer area, Andover Estates is pretty sweet. It is the neigborhood at the the end of Gingermill in Andover Hills. You are surrounded by the Andover Golf Course as well as Lakeside Gold Course. Plus you can get a view of several ponds. (Not to mention no airport noise!)

Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM

16 posts, read 107,468 times
Andover Forest/Hills/Estates are all really nice neighborhoods. I believe Andover Estates is gated which might be more appealing to you. These neighborhoods are all surrounded by a golf course and shopping is two minutes away. I would look at Hartland Estates, that is a beautiful area. As previously mentioned Ashland Park and Chevy Chase are really nice too.

We just moved here from NY in November and we are amazed at how much more you get for your money. Good luck with your house hunt

Old 05-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Andover Hills and Andover Estates (not gated-has gates, but they never close them)have some awesome lots! If you are ever out this way, drive through the Estate section or Park Ridge and Lake Valley Dr. One of these days I have to have a house with a view of the golf course and the ponds. Gingermill before the Estate section is also very nice.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 PM

We looked at some houses on Gingermill last year. It is really nice over there. I also like Penbroke and Sheffield Place over in the Forest. Just Beautiful!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:18 PM

939 posts, read 1,652,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving LI View Post
Andover Forest/Hills/Estates are all really nice neighborhoods. I believe Andover Estates is gated which might be more appealing to you. These neighborhoods are all surrounded by a golf course and shopping is two minutes away. I would look at Hartland Estates, that is a beautiful area. As previously mentioned Ashland Park and Chevy Chase are really nice too.

We just moved here from NY in November and we are amazed at how much more you get for your money. Good luck with your house hunt
Where did you move from on Long Island? And where did you move to in the Lexington area?

Old 05-04-2008, 09:43 PM

My husband and I were both born and raised in Nassau County. We are now in Andover Forest. You are going to get a tremendous house in Lexington and people have been very warm and welcoming.

Did you previously live in NY?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:40 PM

939 posts, read 1,652,342 times
Long Island resident for many years, but interested in relocating someday. Been to Kentucky a few times and thought it was beautiful, particularly around Lexington.

It's always interesting to find out how someone from LI makes out when they relocate, particularly to areas that don't traditionally draw Long Islanders. What made you choose Kentucky? Work? Change of scenery? Did you look at other areas besides Lexington?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area