U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:56 PM

969 posts, read 2,496,364 times

Advertisements

tx2ky-It is about a 5-8 minute drive to New Circle. I really like this area. My kids go to school downtown and it only takes about 15 minutes to get them there. You have a giant retail/restaurant area called Hamburg that is only 5 minutes away. I use to live in the Tates Creek area and HATED going to Hamburg! I now see that half the battle was just getting across town. Now that it is so close I go over there for just about everything (Meijers, Target, Wal-Mart, Lowe's, lots of good places to eat like Bonefish, Calistoga. A second hand book store, movie theater, and a Porsche dealer so I can dream!)

This area has a good school district and is 5 minutes to I-75. You can map it, just look for where Todds Road and Man-O-War intersect. You should be able to use google maps and get a street view. Some of the best streets are Mint Hill, Gingermill, Chestnut Ridge, Lake Valley, Park Ridge. If you do an arial view you can see that there is a lot of green space. Andover golf course (Private) runs through the neighborhood, and Lakeside golf course (Public) and a 600+ acre city park are on the south side of the neighborhood.

The houses on the golf course run from about $350,000 to $650,000. There are a several streets not on the golf course that are in the $230-280,000 range. What kind of price range do you anticipate being in? If this side of town works for you needs, I would be sure to check it out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM

933 posts, read 2,473,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refreshingmedia View Post
OK, so I ask - where do the rich people live in Lexington? I am curious to see the areas where the big money resides. We are moving into the area soon from California and I imagine a million dollars will buy you quite a lot there.

Thanks for your help!
No, thank you for not moving to Tennessee. Just kidding, hope you have a good move.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:06 AM

25 posts, read 69,669 times
Beaumont and any home off Harrodsburg Road.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 7,698 times
is there any body who help me financially. or sponsor me at london or usa for job for my best carrer and future...

Old 12-06-2009, 06:40 AM

627 posts, read 1,092,369 times
"is there any body who help me financially. or sponsor me at london or usa for job for my best carrer and future..."

First you'll need to take a course in grammer and spelling......

Old 02-13-2010, 10:48 AM

18 posts, read 61,844 times
PONYPULR - Maybe he doesn't speak English very well..jackass

My wife and I cannot wait to move because of the unbelievable snobbery (the comment made by this jackass very accurately describes the attitude of the people here)

I have thought about why this place is so snooty and may have an answer. Most people don't think very highly of KY, but there are a lot of students who come from other parts of the country to attend UK. I also believe that there are quite a few graduates who for some reason decide to stay. The college graduate rate in KY alone is something like 30% so these people who graduate truly believe they are above the rest of the KY 'rednecks' Also, Lexington and Louisville receive the majority of the state funding because of their universities, while areas like Hazard are absolutely dirt poor. This provides for the snooty attitude that so many 'outsiders' refer to when discussing Lexington. Also, the fact that KY is traditionally a fairly poor region and the select few in Lexington/Louisville have multi-million dollars horse farms, doesn't help. I'm not against people who have a lot of money, just the attitudes that sometimes goes with it...Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:27 PM

508 posts, read 1,347,916 times
Just remember that those living in a big expensive house are usually not rich per se. Many work like dogs just to pay the outgo the house creates and to appear successful. High incomes, yes, but zero liquidity & below average net worth given their income.

When the credit wave went back out to sea even the "wealthy" people got caught swimming naked

On a side note - I have run into more than my share of pricks living in Firebook. I would never feel comfortable living there.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM

508 posts, read 1,347,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiehler View Post
My wife and I cannot wait to move because of the unbelievable snobbery (the comment made by this jackass very accurately describes the attitude of the people here)
I have thought about why this place is so snooty and may have an answer. Most people don't think very highly of KY, but there are a lot of students who come from other parts of the country to attend UK. I also believe that there are quite a few graduates who for some reason decide to stay. The college graduate rate in KY alone is something like 30% so these people who graduate truly believe they are above the rest of the KY 'rednecks' Also, Lexington and Louisville receive the majority of the state funding because of their universities, while areas like Hazard are absolutely dirt poor. This provides for the snooty attitude that so many 'outsiders' refer to when discussing Lexington. Also, the fact that KY is traditionally a fairly poor region and the select few in Lexington/Louisville have multi-million dollars horse farms, doesn't help. I'm not against people who have a lot of money, just the attitudes that sometimes goes with it...Just my 2 cents.
The southern states are full of haves and have nots. Do city folks in other states give their rural neighbors high marks?

Old 02-16-2010, 09:13 AM

28 posts, read 71,638 times
So what is your definition of rich people? Are you talking about the value of the home or the people? How much house are you looking for? Do you want a higher density, keeping up with the Jones gated community, or are you looking for security, space seclusion, land? Central Kentucky has all of these and more, but the definition of rich needs to be defined before you are going to get the answer you are looking for. As you can see from the results everyone has their opinion of which neighborhoods or areas have the most expensive houses and very few have agreed on the same place for the same reason. You will pay more real estate especially land in Fayette(Lexington) than you will in the adjacent counties. That's why you find more estates in the other counties. Can you define what you are looking for a little better?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:01 PM

10 posts, read 24,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiehler View Post

ROFLMAO ! Well, before Pony goes off telling someone to write proper grammar, maybe he/she needs to know how to spell themselves. "grammer" is misspelled. The proper spelling is g-r-a-m-m-a-r.

I don't know why so many people find Lexington snooty. I'm originally from N.KY and had recently lived in Orlando, Florida where there is a lot of snoot. There is really one area I find to be snooty and that's the old Andover. You have a bunch of older snooty people that believe giving is like a chore. We live near the old Andover and when the kids did their fundraising in the area, we had so many nasty rude people slamming doors in our face. We'd received many rejections but they were kind and not nasty like they were in Andover. I did find it amusing when one of their neighbors were hoarders and infested with rats. You know all those rats had to scatter throughout that neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area