U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 AM

627 posts, read 1,093,217 times

Advertisements

Thank you, fieldtrip, for the spelling lesson!! My bad!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 AM

2,927 posts, read 7,718,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldtriptonyc View Post
ROFLMAO ! Well, before Pony goes off telling someone to write proper grammar, maybe he/she needs to know how to spell themselves. "grammer" is misspelled. The proper spelling is g-r-a-m-m-a-r.

I don't know why so many people find Lexington snooty. I'm originally from N.KY and had recently lived in Orlando, Florida where there is a lot of snoot. There is really one area I find to be snooty and that's the old Andover. You have a bunch of older snooty people that believe giving is like a chore. We live near the old Andover and when the kids did their fundraising in the area, we had so many nasty rude people slamming doors in our face. We'd received many rejections but they were kind and not nasty like they were in Andover. I did find it amusing when one of their neighbors were hoarders and infested with rats. You know all those rats had to scatter throughout that neighborhood.
I think Andover is just middle class. Maybe some upper middle class on Gingermill Lane. Most people, of any class, don't enjoy sales people coming to their door.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 AM

969 posts, read 2,497,716 times
Andover Hills is more middle class. The more expensive houses are on Gingermill, Mint Hill, Chestnut Hill, the estate section and the houses near Jacobson Park. Everything else is pretty much in the $200-300k range.

I live out here and hate that somebody had a negative experience with rudeness. I love it out here. All of my neighbors are very friendly. When my kids went around the area selling popcorn for the Boy Scouts, they received a lot of support.

Also, I've never seen a rat running around out here, but we do get cardinals, geese and rabbits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area