U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 09:59 PM

24 posts, read 16,414 times

Advertisements

We are hoping to move to the Lexington area and found a house online in Lansdowne. Any opinions on the area? Yay or nay?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 10:17 PM

9,281 posts, read 5,068,435 times
It's kind of a big area.

When my son was going to College he had a friend that lived there, that he rode back and forth to school with. Most of the neighborhood is really nice.

His friend had a nice home.

There are some Apartments on one part of it, that look a little rundown.
It is near everything.

Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Krogers, Walmart, Macy's, The Malls, Target, Aldi's, etc.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:26 PM

It is on Redding Road if that helps any.

Old 07-26-2020, 10:29 PM

Ive also heard to avoid buying inside New Circle. Is that true?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:34 AM

636 posts, read 1,135,203 times
Well, inside the circle is very urban, with nice areas as well as not-so-nice areas. Do you need a RE person? PM me for mine!

Old 07-27-2020, 03:44 PM

Our Post Office for my neighborhood use to be over in that area until they moved it to Beaumont.

When my Husband worked for the Toyota Plant in Georgetown, he gave a ride back and forth to a coworker who lived in the Lansdown area
(He was some sort of relationship to the late Colonel Sanders) My husband said he had a beautiful place.)

I had a coworker who transferred by our company to Lexington from Michigan and they put him in one of the Apartments that I think look run down, but he said that they were gorgeous on the inside and that he loved it. Very low crime, close to everything...another coworker Valerie had a condo in that neighborhood, her parents doted on her - she was their only child, they were wealthy, owned a real estate company,
they bought her a condo in the lansdown area, which I doubt they would have done, if they thought it was unsafe...being real estate agents they were likely to have some grasp on that.

A lot depends on where you are coming from...if you are coming from near Chicago or Cincinnati or Louisville, etc,....pretty much all of Lexington will probably seem relatively safe to you....if you are coming from a very small town it might seem dangerous in several places.
You can consult the Lexington Police Dept Crime map, if you are trying to pinpoint crime in a certain area.
https://www.lexingtonky.gov/crime-map

Pony is right, you should definitely consult a real estate agent. I know they are expensive, but when you buy something as a big of a investment as a home, they can be invaluable.

Old 07-27-2020, 05:06 PM

Thanks everyone!
We are coming from a VERY safe town about 40 miles from Chicago.
I am in touch with two different agents.
A little too early to do any serious hunting yet considering how quickly houses sell down there!!

Old 07-27-2020, 06:04 PM

Good Luck! Give a yell if you need any more help or info.
(My late Great Aunt Elizabeth and My Great Grandmother Mina lived directly in Chicago, and they loved it there.)

Old 07-28-2020, 01:11 PM

11,823 posts, read 9,742,220 times
Inside New Circle Road is where most of the older, established neighborhoods are located. Those in the south and east of town include some of the priciest areas in town, and remain in high demand due to proximity to good schools, churches, shopping centers, UK, and downtown: check out Ashland Park and Chevy Chase for good examples of well-maintained older neighborhoods with mature trees and nice houses. Crime rates tend to be lower here as well.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 07-28-2020 at 01:20 PM..

Old 07-28-2020, 01:35 PM

Just as an FYI...
We are looking for a 3-4 bedroom, on less than an acre, around 2,000 square feet, for $250K give or take. Found some nice ones in Richmond and Winchester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area