U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:39 AM

5,370 posts, read 11,049,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
If you are a good looking woman, men will flock to you. No need to even be looking around.

Unfortunately if you don't see any good looking men around it's because.....
Not true. Man men are intimidated by good-looking women. And many pretty boys are too stuck on themselves to court pretty women. Notice I said "court" not hit on, pick up, or hook up.

It's a quandry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 02:51 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,173,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
California Guys, lol, they can sip win but dont know how to change a tire. They can buy fancy suits but hire some one to fix things in the house. Maybe the type of "guy" your looking for you should stay in Cali.
So what? A trade is a trade. So I'm less "manly" because I can't fix a broken water heater?? No, it just means I don't know jack about water heaters.

Can you build a computer from scratch or repair them? Can you capture, edit & export HDV footage?? Can you brew your own coffee or cook Indian food?? See what Im getting at.

What a stereotypical & just plain ignorant comment.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:24 PM

6,794 posts, read 14,251,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
So what? A trade is a trade. So I'm less "manly" because I can't fix a broken water heater?? No, it just means I don't know jack about water heaters.

Can you build a computer from scratch or repair them? Can you capture, edit & export HDV footage?? Can you brew your own coffee or cook Indian food?? See what Im getting at.

Agreed. I think these types of men are more desirable in the larger cities...ie, the humble, down to earth, professional guys who are the renaissance men and can do it all, not necessarily do sterotypical "manly" things. Not that I am speaking from experience or anything

Old 06-26-2008, 03:38 PM

439 posts, read 1,131,674 times
Quote:

I can build a computer actually, but I can also fix plumbing, change a tire, change my own oil, etc. My Father thought it necessary that I could well versed in more than one area. I stand up for you being able to make coffe, i know ALOT of people who cant even plug the thing in

Im from the south side of Chicago originally, so I know what it means to be brought up blue collar. You yuppie types who think your king of everything bevause you can type up a TPS report arent all that.

Yes you are more of a man if you can change a tire, fix things in your house because your more independent and dont need to call some one to fix it anytime you blow a fuse in your house. Now go have some coffe with your indian food.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Yes you are more of a man if you can change a tire, fix things in your house because your more independent and dont need to call some one to fix it anytime you blow a fuse in your house. Now go have some coffe with your indian food.
I'm not a yuppie & cant actually do those things I mentioned, they were only examples. So obviously you missed the point, chief. It's not a pissing contest of who can do more things.

So, what if I live in NYC in an apartment & don't own a home or a car for that matter? What if I was brought up in an inner city in the projects??

You know, not everyone lives the same kind of lifestyle that you do or was brought up the same way. You're basically saying those people are less of a man for it, which is just ignorance plain & simple no matter how you slice it. Why don't you get out of the suburban bubble once in a while, its a big world.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM

439 posts, read 1,131,674 times
Quote:
I'm not a yuppie & cant actually do those things I mentioned, they were only examples. So obviously you missed the point, chief. It's not a pissing contest of who can do more things.

So, what if I live in NYC in an apartment & don't own a home? What if I was brought up in an inner city in the projects??

You know, not everyone lives the same kind of lifestyle that you do or was brought up the same way. You're basically saying those people are less of a man, which is just ignorance plain & simple no matter how you slice it. Why don't you get out of the suburban bubble once in a while, its a big world.

Maybe you should read my post where i said i GREW UP ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF CHICAGO, Mt. Greenwood, NEWSFLASH: not the suburban bubble. I think I know about the world and it's people being I am in the military so I have met people from alot of walks of life, by the way.

I think it's pretty poor if I am out driving with my wife and get a flat tire and have to call some one to change it for me, when I have everything I need to do it myself. Maybe if people learned to do something themselves instead having some else fix it all the time this country would be a better place.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 AM

6,749 posts, read 20,285,806 times
I personally love a man who can fix things that are broke, I find it manly. I know some women who love a man who can cook. That's fine too. Different women love different kinds of men, otherwise we'd all be after the same one

Old 07-01-2008, 01:52 PM

844 posts, read 1,856,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanna serf View Post
But, I failed to see many good looking men.
Where were you looking?

Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 PM

288 posts, read 849,267 times
I can change a tire, pretty simple once you do it a few times, change my oil, not a coffee drinker, dont like indian food, lol, and can sip a good wine too! Although I will admit, I dont really know much about hot water heaters, but would surely try to fix it myself before paying someone a bunch of money for possibly just adjusting some settings. Ive also changed tires for girls in the past, which ended up leading to "hey lets grab drinks", which led to "hey, you want to see my new bed cover?" which led to "how bout breakfast in bed", lol, see where Im going with this, ok, good!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:58 PM

You guys do of course realize that not everyone grew up in a home where their dad taught them to do these things, right? And you do realize that not everyone in the world lives in a nice suburban neighborhood home with a white picked fence, right?? And you do realize there are people in the world who have never even owned a car, let alone change the tire on one, right??? But I bet they can do a lot of things you can't.

There's a lot of different cultures out there guys & not everyone lives the same as many of us do. I know, shocking.

How 'bout next time you're in an inner city (if you can ever pry yourself away from suburban life), I dare you to walk up to a random stranger & ask them if they can fix a broken water heater in a house that they've never owned (or probably never will). More than likely they will say no, then you can tell them they're not a man & see what happens. You're likely to get the "manliest" beating of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or