Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM

216 posts, read 1,185,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
You might check out Quest. While I haven't been there myself I know many people that attend and from what they say it seems to be a very inclusive church.
Thanks for your response!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 01:38 PM

688 posts, read 3,037,894 times
Are you looking for a Christian church?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlschr0 View Post
Are you looking for a Christian church?
I'm glad you asked. And for the purposes of this discussion, "not necessarily." I am more interested in the inclusive qualities of the church. If I said "must be Christian" then I would be immediately excluding many churches, and going against the very thing I am seeking. I am interested in hearing from people of various faiths and denominations, including Christians....and even those who hold no specific doctrine. Does this Church exist in Lexington?

Old 05-12-2008, 04:29 PM

285 posts, read 901,703 times
Here is a link I found for UUA churches in KY. I would check they website on there definitions since I just found this and it sounds like something your looking for.
UUA: Search Results

Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 PM

688 posts, read 3,037,894 times
shilo - that's what I was thinking, too, because the UU church in Lexington has a pretty active membership. But they are not a Christian church, although some of their members are Christian.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo0854 View Post
Here is a link I found for UUA churches in KY. I would check they website on there definitions since I just found this and it sounds like something your looking for.
UUA: Search Results

Very interesting! If there are any members of that church on this website, please IM me. I have some questions for you. Thanks!

Old 05-13-2008, 05:30 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,052,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia007 View Post
Thank you! Is there one that you recommend?
Apostles Anglican, on Colony Road, is wonderful. That is the one I have been to most recently.

Other good ones are Good Shepherd (East Main), St. Michael's (Bellefonte), and I hear St. Rafael's (Parkers Mill Rd). The men-and-boys choir at Christ Church (corner of Church and Market) is awesome, and so is the Sunday breakfast, but I am not sure how friendly it is there. It's been a long time since I was there, 14 years or so, and all the friendly people keep turning up at Apostles.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:35 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Sounds more like a Unitarian Church, one that does not judge on your religious beliefs either.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:28 PM

Thanks so much to each of you who have responded. I told somebody recently what I was seeking and they thought I was crazy...that this place doesn't exist! (They actually told me that the corner bar might be a good place to start! You know "Cheers" where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came.)

I am thrilled to see so many people have had many good experiences with open minded and inclusive churches in Lexington. Thank you again!

Old 05-14-2008, 04:05 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,308,096 times
Cynthia, I believe that church does exist. I belong to a church where people are accepted for who they are! It is truly Christ-centered and Love is taught using the Holy Bible as the guide. Would you like to be part of the church where I belong? If you are interested, it would be an honor to invite you to join us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area