U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2008, 09:47 AM

4 posts, read 6,270 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I got an position in UK. I try to buy a new house in Lexington. I prefer to buy a home in South West or South East area. I can only find the new homes build by big local builders such as Ball Home. But the location I thought is a little bit far from UK. Is there some builders who is building homes in your neighborhood in those SW or SE? Any information or any help is appreciate. By the way you can post your comments here or send email to me at waterpuma2004@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 01:38 PM

325 posts, read 1,044,306 times
Check Lbar.com

This is a local real estate site where you can look at housing by demographics. Good luck to you.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:05 PM

714 posts, read 1,416,586 times
There are not any new developments around UK. The newest living areas I can think of are the lofts downtown. I don't know if that even interest you, personally I am a house person, but to each their own. The lofts are nice, but they can be expensive. Some of them are renovated, some are brand new.

Without knowing a price range I really don't know what to say, but there are plenty of nice areas (houses), they just aren't brand new. I think someone else already said to try lbar.com (that is our mls) and you should be able to search new construction (I think). I love Lexington and UK..! hopefully you will love it here!

Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 PM

Thanks, Centre and StephanieUK

I have searched on LBAR.com. There are a lot of informations about homes. But there are few new constructions. My friend told me there are some new homes outside Man O' War, on the left of Clay Mill. But I did not find any information about those in LBAR.com. I do not know it includes all the new developments or not.

I prefer to buy a new single family house from Versailes Road to Tates Creek Road and outside new circle. My budget is from $150,000 to $250,000.

What about my plan? Could I find a comfortable home?

If you know there is a new development in your neighborhood, please tell me the contact information. Or just tell me the location, I can go there to find the right person.

Thanks for any suggestion!

Last edited by waterpuma; 05-18-2008 at 08:44 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 PM

714 posts, read 1,416,586 times
I think they are probably talking about Pinecrest...It's a Schneider development ( I think).. I am going to tell you that if you live outside New Circle you should be prepared for a drive. I'm not being negative, just know that. UK is very busy and right in the middle of downtown Lexington.

To help you find what you are looking for....I would try Pinecrest and South Point, possibly Brannon Crossing, but its a little ways further. If you see anything on Winthrop that might be a good area as well although I don't know what is left that is brand new there, some of them are a couple of years old. Also, I don't know why you are wanting a new home (that might just be what you want-which is fine- I'm a picky person) but if it's because you don't want to deal with the worry of a home (like something major going wrong) you could continue to look for fairly new homes say 3-5 years and buy a home warranty which you could get for under $1000. No worries, a lot of sellers would be happy to negoiate that because they want to sell sell sell. Our market is slow but not awful. However with that said I wouldn't hesitate to ask for that as part of an offer...no money out of your pocket.

And yes...you will be able to find something for that..don't stress! If I were you I would look off Harrodsburg road. Rabbit Run, Palomar, Clays Mill extended...There is a large area of newer homes off Leestown road...I am telling you this because you will see a lot of them advertised. The zip code is 40511. NONE of them are in the area you want if you see that zip code just know that its in Masterson (not the area that you are wanting)

Hope that helps!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 PM

Thanks a lot, StephanieUK!
Your suggestion is very helpful. I will consider carefully! I may change my mind to buy a home which is in 5 years old.
Thanks again!

Old 05-19-2008, 05:10 PM

969 posts, read 2,498,647 times
Would you be willing to go as far as Richmond Road? There is alot of new construction out there. On a map, it looks like it is waaaay far away from UK, but time wise, I bet it wouldn't take you any longer. I live out Todds Rd and go downtown everyday. Takes about 15 minutes. If not, about all you have left is either Pinecrest or Willowbend.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM

Thanks, Lexpert!

I knew there are a lot of new development out Jacobson Park. I am afraid it is a little bit far away form UK.
I heard that there is a new development outside Man O' War along Tates Creek Road. But it is not Tates Creek Village. It is close to the bound of Fayette County. Its price is around $230,000. Does anybody know some information about it?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by waterpuma; 05-19-2008 at 06:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area