U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:53 PM

7 posts, read 12,982 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info. We're actually focusing on Lawrenceburg at the moment. I have a teaching job at Bluegrass in the Fall . There are some nice houses and duplexes around $500-$650.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 08:26 AM

12 posts, read 15,311 times
Default House, Barn on 9.40 acres backs up to the KY River

Quote:
Originally Posted by maevemab View Post
Hello all! *waves*
I thought I’d introduce myself because my husband and I are moving to the Lexington area in August (maybe sooner). I wanted to get some opinions on the area-things like how tolerant the area is, the job market, is there a good rental group/landlord we should be looking at, etc.

I adjunct at a local community college, and I’ll be getting my second Masters degree (Library Science) at UK this Fall. My husband has a degree in Geography but can’t find work in his field, so he’s applying to everything he can. We’re looking forward to moving to the Lexington area (although I will miss my yoga teacher), and I wanted to ask some advice from you guys.

We’ve had so much trouble in the Marshal County, Murray, Paducah area it’s sad. We’ve had landlords taking sides with bad neighbors because of church affiliations, spiders (I mean lots!), breaks in air conditioning (going on a month and a half), leaks, mold…the list goes on. Most of the time the landlords say it’s our fault because they don’t want to pay to fix anything. We also had major issues with landlords before we got married. Of course, it’s still bad because we both kept our last names. When we moved last time, we encountered problems with potential landlords over that.

We just want a quiet community where we can live. If anyone knows any landlords that keep stuff fixed but don’t put you through a religious test (like they do here), please let me know.

Ideally, we would like a smaller town area as opposed to the main city. I also have two brothers in Louisville, so if anyone knows of a place between Louisville and Lexington, that would be great.

Thanks in advance
If you are still looking, I have just the place for you 3171 Steele Branch Road, Frankfort, KY 40601. Very quite, pleaseful overlooking farm land. Rent $1,700 monthy Call 5028035998 or email Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area