U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 03:01 PM

121 posts, read 474,519 times

Advertisements

I finally arrived in Lexington and am in the process of settling in. My question is, where do you guys eat?

I'm not talking chains, here...no Panera Breads, Subways, etc. I'm talking GOOD, LOCAL, FABULOUS food you can only get right here in Lexington. What I'm really looking for are some recommendations for great sandwiches, soups, subs, and/or pizza.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 05:10 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,715,452 times
Malone's! Malones Restaurant - Lexington, Kentucky Restaurant - Lexington's Best Steak
Smashing Tomato for pizza Smashing Tomato - pizza kissed by the flame
Ramsey's for sandwiches Ramsey's Diners

Old 06-04-2008, 05:35 PM

714 posts, read 1,415,591 times
I'm going to have to add a few......

Courtyard Delli for soup, sand. (I think they are only open for lunch) Cheapside also great. Atomic Cafe, Bellini's, Rossi's, Bourbon & Touluse (not sure how you spell that). Murrays, Merick Inn, Malones/Harrys, If your ever out late, just for the heck of it, you should stop by Tolly Ho. Two Keys Tavern, Pita Pit & Jimmy Johns (I think they are both chains, but the sand. are awesome!), You have to have a d-nut from Spaldings, and I could probably think of some more, but I would start there

Old 06-04-2008, 07:03 PM

891 posts, read 2,802,719 times
Suggins, Buddy's, Magee's for pastries, Stanley J's for great sandwiches and their infamous red skin potato salad, Merrick patio for cocktails and grouper fingers, Billy's BBQ

Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 PM

16 posts, read 107,480 times
Bonefish Grill is excellent. I know it's a chain but I went there for the fist time tonight and enjoyed every bite!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 AM

486 posts, read 1,734,237 times
Root's on Romany Road is great, Alfalfa's on Main Street has a good lunch menu, Giacomo's on Limestone, Tomo Restaurant on High Street (I had a summer job there for 3 years) is a great Japanese restaurant, Buddy's just three doors down from Tomo is a good "continental American" restaurant, Pucini's on Tates Creek Road (barely)is a block away from Tomo and Buddy's and has fabulous pizza (by LEX standards), Oasis is a Mediterranean restaurant next door to Pucini's. Finally, the Malone's/ Sal's/ Harry's combination can't be beaten.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:43 AM

820 posts, read 2,641,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
I finally arrived in Lexington and am in the process of settling in. My question is, where do you guys eat?

I'm not talking chains, here...no Panera Breads, Subways, etc. I'm talking GOOD, LOCAL, FABULOUS food you can only get right here in Lexington. What I'm really looking for are some recommendations for great sandwiches, soups, subs, and/or pizza.

Thanks!
Welcome to Lexington! As far as sandwiches, soups, etc go... my favorite would be Ramseys which has already been mentioned. Great pies there too! Mancinos which is on Leestown Rd has good grinders and pizza.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Welcome to Lexington! As far as sandwiches, soups, etc go... my favorite would be Ramseys which has already been mentioned. Great pies there too! Mancinos which is on Leestown Rd has good grinders and pizza.
Thanks!! So far I love it. Unfortunately the first place I got food from was a Subway. (I know, I know. But I'd just driven 14 hours and the "good, local cuisine" mindset wasn't in the picture yet. It was more like: Find food. Eat while inflating air mattress. Sleep.)

Old 06-06-2008, 01:19 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,542,748 times
The several locations of Ramsey's Diner are local classics. The one on High Street is my favorite. Magee's Bakery is good too. There is a similar thread to this one, back in March maybe, about good lunch spots.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:56 AM

Well, to confess...I wrote this when I was STARVING, and decided to venture out, grab a bite to eat, and then come back to read the responses.

Er, should've waited a bit longer.

I decided on Joe B's, a rec I'd heard of a handful of times on the net. (I also see now that no one has recommended it here.)

Maybe it was first time bad luck, but I wasn't in the least impressed. I got an italian sub and it was just..."eh." I ate about 2/3's of a half, and ended up tossing the rest.

Lesson learned - I know I'll find some gems on my own, but in the meantime I'll be taking recs from the forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area