Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:25 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe51 View Post
I'm in my mid fifties and am meeting folks my age, though most are somewhat younger. When I start getting more involved in volunteer and other community activities, it looks like there will be plenty of people in my age group too. I hope so, since I'm single!

That's great to know! I had planned to go elsewhere, but I really do like Lexington, and it would be a whole lot closer to my elderly parents in the Detroit area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 07:40 PM

93 posts, read 347,514 times
Hi Rapunzll,
There are a number of resources here for seniors that I will be checking out. I'm finding people very inclusive anytime I reach out to get involved in anything. I hope you find it suits you here too!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,965,179 times
Eeek! I don't tend to think of myself as a senior yet! LOL

I will have to check out the job situation better before I make my choice, but I really like Lexington every time I go there.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:41 PM

93 posts, read 347,514 times
I'm not over the hill, I'm on a roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Eeek! I don't tend to think of myself as a senior yet! LOL

I will have to check out the job situation better before I make my choice, but I really like Lexington every time I go there.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:26 PM

121 posts, read 515,226 times
I just have to put my two cents in here, as I'll be a one-month-resident in just a few days.

*Snicker* In the first week I moved here, I remember stopping into a local Shell station for gas. There was a woman at the counter in front of me, and she looked like your typical, early 40's business woman. She paid for her items, looked at the cashier, and then did something I've never, not once, seen happen in the town I moved from:

She smiled and told him to have a nice day.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,548 times
Default Welcome to Lexington

Which Norfolk are you talking about? I grew up in Norfolk, VA until i was 21 and then I moved to Lexington a little over 9 years ago. I would never go back to Norfolk to live. Lexington is my home and I absolutely love it here. My brother Jon is in the Air Force and is at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson. I've visited a few times and hate the summers there. Way too hot......I don't care if it is a dry heat.....115 degrees is uncomfortable. Anyway, welcome to Lexington and if you want a good steak come by The Fresh Market and I'll be glad to cut you one. Just ask for Jimmy!

Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 PM

216 posts, read 1,185,268 times
Default Lovin it!

Hi Everyone!

We have been in Lexington for a little over three weeks and I can't say enough about how great it's been so far. The people are wonderful, we have had tasty food in a variety of restaurants, and have been enjoying the parks. Beautiful and green everywhere. The diversity has amazed me.

I immediately felt at home here...and really, the traffic is not that bad. Honolulu is much worse!!

What I have found too is how positive the people who live here are towards their town. I hear all of the time "Lexington is a great town. Glad you are here. Welcome!" That is so refreshing.

Thanks so much to each of you who helped me with my questions and concerns for the past year. It made our move so much easier. Local knowledge is extremely helpful.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:27 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia007 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We have been in Lexington for a little over three weeks and I can't say enough about how great it's been so far. The people are wonderful, we have had tasty food in a variety of restaurants, and have been enjoying the parks. Beautiful and green everywhere. The diversity has amazed me.

I immediately felt at home here...and really, the traffic is not that bad. Honolulu is much worse!!

What I have found too is how positive the people who live here are towards their town. I hear all of the time "Lexington is a great town. Glad you are here. Welcome!" That is so refreshing.

Thanks so much to each of you who helped me with my questions and concerns for the past year. It made our move so much easier. Local knowledge is extremely helpful.
Glad to hear you're having a nice time getting settled too! Lexington has its share of issues, but overall I think it's a great place to live for many reasons.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia007 View Post
Of course, Lexingtonians do think their town is the greatest. Why else would they have had their AAA minor league baseball team named the Lexington Legends? A close relative had a joke about that one time and said "Lexington, legends in their own minds!" LOL.

That said, it's an okay city for me to visit and I'm glad you like it, but I can think of 50 other U.S. cities I'd live in before Lexington. I don't think you or anybody else can deny that the natural scenery around Lex. is great!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 PM

820 posts, read 2,867,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Of course, Lexingtonians do think their town is the greatest. Why else would they have had their AAA minor league baseball team named the Lexington Legends? A close relative had a joke about that one time and said "Lexington, legends in their own minds!" LOL.

That said, it's an okay city for me to visit and I'm glad you like it, but I can think of 50 other U.S. cities I'd live in before Lexington. I don't think you or anybody else can deny that the natural scenery around Lex. is great!
jcm - When you give a compliment to your wife or girlfriend, I suspect it goes something like this.

"I like that new dress. You could have bought something that made your hips look smaller however. Nice color though."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area