U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:13 AM

72 posts, read 249,107 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am getting married in Tennessee this Oct. and am driving down from Michigan. Being that I am driving through Kentucky, I thought that I would purchase the liquor for the reception here. I was told that pricing could be different depending on the county. Can anyone offer me any information regarding the best place, city to buy liquor down I-75? These cities/towns include; Florence, Lexington, Richmond, Berea, London, Corbin, Williamsburg, Mt. Vernon and Georgetown. Any suggestions? Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM

439 posts, read 1,131,550 times
Liquor Barn on I-75 exit 108. I always buy Beer and what ever there. It's pretty big, and his a nice size selection of anything you want.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the tip. How are their prices? Can you buy by the gallon?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:33 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,721,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenijoy View Post
Hello everyone. I am getting married in Tennessee this Oct. and am driving down from Michigan. Being that I am driving through Kentucky, I thought that I would purchase the liquor for the reception here. I was told that pricing could be different depending on the county. Can anyone offer me any information regarding the best place, city to buy liquor down I-75? These cities/towns include; Florence, Lexington, Richmond, Berea, London, Corbin, Williamsburg, Mt. Vernon and Georgetown. Any suggestions? Please help!
Liquor is not sold in stores in Berea, London, Corbin, Williamsburg or Mt. Vernon.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:30 PM

688 posts, read 2,810,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Liquor is not sold in stores in Berea, London, Corbin, Williamsburg or Mt. Vernon.
Nor Georgetown...many of these areas are dry (ie no liquor can be sold there).

I don't know about price-wise, but for convenience and selection your best bets may be the larger metro areas like Lexington and Florence.

Lexington, for example, has a Liquor Barn right off of I-75 at Hamburg, which is probably the same exit that bostonredsock mentioned. It is huge, like a warehouse, and usually has decent prices. They offer kegs of beer as well as large bottles of many popular liquors, and I think they might offer some bulk/case discounts.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone. Especially the mention of the dry cities. It would have been just my luck to stop at one of those cities after passing by the Liquor Barn. This forum is fantastic. Once again, thank you everyone. XOXOXO

Old 06-12-2008, 04:48 PM

820 posts, read 2,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonredsock5 View Post
Liquor Barn on I-75 exit 108. I always buy Beer and what ever there. It's pretty big, and his a nice size selection of anything you want.
That exit also has tons of restaurants - fast food and otherwise if you want to time a food stop along with the liquor stop. Plenty of gas stations too.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:37 AM

Thanks, bluegrassgirl. That would be a perfect time to stop and refuel both ourselves and the vehicle. The dogs will need to get out and run around for a while too. Sounds like this is the exits of all exits down I-75 through KY.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Old 06-13-2008, 01:54 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,721,400 times
Quote:
Thanks, bluegrassgirl. That would be a perfect time to stop and refuel both ourselves and the vehicle. The dogs will need to get out and run around for a while too. Sounds like this is the exits of all exits down I-75 through KY.

Yes exit 108 off I 75 has everything, including the huge Liquor Barn which has been mentioned.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:05 PM

439 posts, read 1,131,550 times
Quote:

If you need a spot for your dogs to run there is a park about 1 minute away from that Liquir barn on exit 108. It isnt a dog park but we let our dogs run around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area