U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 02:15 PM

15 posts, read 44,387 times

Advertisements

I am a divorced, professional woman in my mid-forties and I may have an opportunity to relocate to Lexington. A couple of years ago I passed through Lexington and spent a couple of nice days. And, of course, I will be going back to look around before I decide about moving. But I wanted to learn from the "locals" what they love or like about their fair city! My job is in the medical field and I think Lexington has fine physicians and hospitals, but I want to learn what the people of Lexington like to do for fun! I enjoy theatre, music, shopping, and fine dining. But I also enjoy hiking, camping, cooking at home, and reading. I also love to travel and hope the proximity to the Louisville and Cincinnati airports would be a major plus! Also I am interested in learning about neighborhoods. My dream home would be a 3 bedroom 2 & 1/2 bath brick rancher with a manageable yard (meaning I can hire a teenager to cut it for me!), or a comparable condo. Top priorities for me in a home are: safe, gas heat, one story (if possible), garage, formal dining room, formal living room (I have a grand piano), and not too terribly far from the UK campus. Any realtors out there with some good suggestions? I am looking in the $200-$250K range and would prefer not to go any higher. Also anyone know about foreclosures in the area?

Looking forward to learning more about Lexington, and thank you all in advance!

Ole Miss Rebel (but don't hold that against me!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,203,144 times
Yeah, all can be done.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:25 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,543,103 times
You can get everything you want at a price you will like. Lexington has a good arts and dining scene, and UK is one of the best workplaces in town. Go for it - and enjoy!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 PM

969 posts, read 2,497,124 times
There are lots of options in that price range that are close to campus. Are you wanting an older house or a newer house?

What do I like about Lexington? The feel of it! It is not too big and not too small. It always seemed like a cleaner, well kept town that most do to me. You can be in the country in about 20 minutes from any where in town thanks to our well preserved urban service area....................Oh yeah, there are basketball and horses too........almost forgot!!

Neighborhoods/area I like in that price range close to UK: Albany Rd./Lansdowne area (Brookhaven), Montavesta/Pepperhill area (Lansdowne-Merrick), Hartland Parkside, Aumni Dr. area (Eastlake). For older houses in that range there is Kenwick, a neighborhood called Hollywood which is near Tates Creek and Euclid Ave. You have to watch out in that area if you get too close to campus since it quickly turns to all student housing!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:00 AM

891 posts, read 2,802,869 times
A few of my favorite things....
the ability to be anywhere in town within 20 minutes. Downtown at night, hiking being within minutes of downtown, Farmer's Market!, Gallery Hop, neighborhoods where people know each other and become life long friends, Chevy Chase, drives in the country, Keeneland (a favorite day is Keeneland during the day and a UK football game that night), diversity of the people, biking, the Ky Theater, Alfalfa's, Magee's, High St Starbucks Chevy Chase Coffee Club.
I'll start and stop here but there is much to love in Lexington!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area