Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
hmmm....yeah that's what I said "the lofts" might let him rent which Irishtom confirmed. I have many many friends since college that have moved to and from Chicago, been there many times. I don't know that a 23 year old would want to live somewhere where the was no one his age. They all have lived in the apartments I mentioned and were very happy because they were the "happening places" Don't badger me for being "negative" for giving my opinion... your post is loaded with negative thought, sounds like you need to relocate away from our "strip malls" Anywho....they were suggestions, that's all.
Im not badgering you, but your friends are irrelevant to the topic. He specifically stated he "wants a city feel & to live in a high rise" so why mention something totally different than what he wants?? BTW, i dont live in Lex. Far far from it. Just from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Those areas might appear "suburban" but they're not suburbs, they're in Lexington. There are neighborhoods in Chicago that look "suburban" but they're still Chicago.
You're getting too technical. Just because Lexington is made up of all of Fayette County, doesn't necessarily mean it's all urban. Technically I guess it is all "urban" in the general sense, but thats a really lose word. People know what an urban city is & Lexington ain't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex View Post
I have to agree with Irishtom, the majority of Lexington is suburban residential in nature and is subdivision upon subdivision.
I think thats me you're agreeing with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 PM

218 posts, read 637,266 times
Quote:
Park Plaza is not the place for you. A lot of older residents live there. Park Place is nice and would be more along your age group, although the are quite expensive for the area so I don't know that you will find many 23 year olds there.
Stephanie, You are the reason that I don't like real estate agents. They don't listen to the client.

Habersham stated that he wanted the city feel and a high rise building. He also wanted an area with a younger crowd and things to do in the city. You immediately let your bias's factor into you search.
Downtown lofts are for the older, more affluent adults and there are no young people living downtown.
This is false. There are many younger people living in Park Plaza. Some are current University students and some are young professionals. Of the newer loft conversions and constructions none are over 5 floors, hardly meeting the high rise definition.

Now, before you get angry about my negative tone, you were the first to say that Park Place was not the place for Habersham and that started the negative comments.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex View Post
Stephanie, You are the reason that I don't like real estate agents. They don't listen to the client.

Habersham stated that he wanted the city feel and a high rise building. He also wanted an area with a younger crowd and things to do in the city. You immediately let your bias's factor into you search.
Downtown lofts are for the older, more affluent adults and there are no young people living downtown.
This is false. There are many younger people living in Park Plaza. Some are current University students and some are young professionals. Of the newer loft conversions and constructions none are over 5 floors, hardly meeting the high rise definition.

Now, before you get angry about my negative tone, you were the first to say that Park Place was not the place for Habersham and that started the negative comments.
See that's what irritates me about people who think they know everything. Have you ever been to Park Plaza? Have you? because if you had you would know that it is mostly an older crowd that resides there...wonderful people...truly....BUT much much older for the most part. They even have a club where they make crafts in the lobby. I mentioned that he might like the lofts...did you happen to read that part?

If you think you can imitate Chicago in Lexington...good luck. How old are you because I can assure you that I go out in Lexington on a regular basis? I think the newer lofts downtown are going to be the closest option related to Chicago that he will find in Lexington, however I don't think given his age that the Park Plaza would be fun.

I think the negative comments started when you started talking about "generic strip malls you can get anywhere"

Furthermore, you don't live here so why do you think you know anything at all?

and FYI I love the generic strip malls...so why don't you just stay in your clean city

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post

You're getting too technical. Just because Lexington is made up of all of Fayette County, doesn't necessarily mean it's all urban. Technically I guess it is all "urban" in the general sense, but thats a really lose word. People know what an urban city is & Lexington ain't it.

Not too technical, precise. A suburb is "a district lying immediately outside a city or town, esp. a smaller residential community." That's from the dictionary.

If you live in a area of a city consisting of subdivisions you're in the city, not it's suburbs. Agreed, much of Lexington consists of such subdivisions.

If you were in the Mt. Greenwood or Beverly neighborhoods in Chicago you might think you were in the burbs but you wouldn't be. And if you were in the suburb Oak Park you might think you were in Chicago but you wouldn't be.

This IS trivial isn't it? If I didn't have so much effort invested in this nonsense I'd just delete it.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Im not badgering you, but your friends are irrelevant to the topic. He specifically stated he "wants a city feel & to live in a high rise" so why mention something totally different than what he wants?? BTW, i dont live in Lex. Far far from it. Just from there.

I think thats me you're agreeing with.
Funny I heard the same things from my friends when they moved back to Lexington FROM Chicago...about the "city feel" and wanting to find that....they ended up at some of the places I mentioned and are very happy with them. Like I said, I mentioned the lofts although I think other options should be considered. It's not like it's more than a 5 minute to the drive to our so called "city life". Sometimes you think you know what you want and then you get there....options are always nice.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Quote:
See that's what irritates me about people who think they know everything. Have you ever been to Park Plaza? Have you? because if you had you would know that it is mostly an older crowd that resides there...wonderful people...truly....BUT much much older for the most part. They even have a club where they make crafts in the lobby. I mentioned that he might like the lofts...did you happen to read that part?

If you think you can imitate Chicago in Lexington...good luck. How old are you because I can assure you that I go out in Lexington on a regular basis? I think the newer lofts downtown are going to be the closest option related to Chicago that he will find in Lexington, however I don't think given his age that the Park Plaza would be fun.

I think the negative comments started when you started talking about "generic strip malls you can get anywhere"

Furthermore, you don't live here so why do you think you know anything at all?

and FYI I love the generic strip malls...so why don't you just stay in your clean city
First, it was me who said some of the things you're quoting cartomanlex as saying. So, get it right please. Its not hard to follow along.

Second, I myself have been to Park Plaza, many many times actually. My old roommate moved there & I also dated a steady girl for a long time that lived there, so that meant I pretty much lived there. It's a good mix of people.

And anyways, why would it even matter if more older people did live there? Its not like you go hanging out with all your neighbors automatically anywhere you live. Thats just a dumb way of thinking. "Ah, I know! Lets put everyone into little groups." Who cares??? News flash. Diversity is a good thing!

And its not an insult about the generic strip malls. You seem quick to take offense & overreact about nothing. Are you saying Lexington isn't made up of most of that? Travel much?? Lived anywhere besides KY??? Lexington is what it is. I also said it has charm, but guess you missed that part. Since you cant keep quotes together its not surprising that you did.

And your last comment is just childish, immature & shows your character, or lack of. Please send me your card so I can warn any friends looking for real estate to stay away from you.

I'm done with this nonsense. Cheers.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:34 PM

218 posts, read 637,266 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to Park Plaza? Have you? because if you had you would know that it is mostly an older crowd that resides there...wonderful people...truly....BUT much much older for the most part. They even have a club where they make crafts in the lobby. I mentioned that he might like the lofts...did you happen to read that part?
I work and have worked next door to Park Plaza for over 30 years. I watched Park Plaza being built. I know people who live and have lived in Park Plaza. I looked at Park Plaza as a place to live with my family. So, yes I know Park Plaza very well. It is the only true high rise apartment building in the downtown area for those under 62 years of age. All the others, Christ Church apartments, Central Christian apartments, Connie Griffith Manor, Ballard Place, are for the elderly.

Your comments on the lofts apparently came as an after thought, because you first named Park Place, the Racquet Club and the Grand Reserve as great places for someone who has expressed a desire for downtown city feel in a place to live. I never said anything about "strip centers or malls, so I stand by my comment "you do not listen to the client"

Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
First, it was me who said some of the things you're quoting cartomanlex as saying. So, get it right please. Its not hard to follow along.

Second, I myself have been to Park Plaza, many many times actually. My old roommate moved there & I also dated a steady girl for a long time that lived there, so that meant I pretty much lived there. It's a good mix of people.

And anyways, why would it even matter if more older people did live there? Its not like you go hanging out with all your neighbors automatically anywhere you live. Thats just a dumb way of thinking. "Ah, I know! Lets put everyone into little groups." Who cares??? News flash. Diversity is a good thing!

And its not an insult about the generic strip malls. You seem quick to take offense & overreact about nothing. Are you saying Lexington isn't made up of most of that? Travel much?? Lived anywhere besides KY??? Lexington is what it is. I also said it has charm, but guess you missed that part. Since you cant keep quotes together its not surprising that you did.

And your last comment is just childish, immature & shows your character, or lack of. Please send me your card so I can warn any friends looking for real estate to stay away from you.

I'm done with this nonsense. Cheers.
First of all, I did get the qoutes mixed up. I'll do my best not to do that anymore dear.

The original question asked about the tenants... I provided the answer...

I have traveled a great deal, and lived all over (that means all over the US- not KY just so you get it, I know it's hard sometimes) so you can make your references all you want, and yes Lexington does have a lot of generic strip malls...please note that I said earlier that I love our strip malls, didn't miss that. Furthermore, I don't like "cities" just as people like you think that traveling all of them is the greatest thing in the world.

I am not a fan of diversity so I wouldn't want to live around a bunch of people that are 50 years older than me, not that I don't love them, but I'm not sure what 23 year old would? Anywho....now you (and me) have made a great impression for this new person coming to Lexington.... and who knew you don't even live here.....

maybe you should just stay on your cities forum if you want to be ugly

Old 07-16-2008, 10:51 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Hey Habersham (you know-the original poster)...

After reading the bickering, you think maybe Louisville might be a better choice for you?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Hey Habersham (you know-the original poster)...

After reading the bickering, you think maybe Louisville might be a better choice for you?

He's gonna work in Lexington, otherwise he could just stay in Chicago and eat Italian beef sandwiches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area