Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,077,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
No art involved whatsoever.
  • Boil Water
  • Add tea
  • Add ice
  • Add sugar
The ice goes last. You have to add the sugar while it is hot so it will dissolve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 12:14 PM

270 posts, read 934,680 times
I brew sweet tea regularly, and people seem to love my recipe, so here it goes:

- 4 Lipton tea bags
- 1 Chai tea bag
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon

Bring a pan of water to a boil; just as it's coming to a rolling boil, throw in the tea bags and remove from the heat. Let it steep for a minute or two, then pour into a gallon pitcher. Add sugar and lemon, then fill pitcher with cold water and/or ice and stir to mix.

The chai tea bag adds a little extra "something" without giving the whole pitcher the overwhelming taste of chai. And I find that the lemon juice keeps the tea from being cloudy.

Think I'm gonna go pour a glass now.....

Old 08-18-2008, 12:16 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,053,616 times
That sounds great, Lexingtony! I think I'll try your recipe...

Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelesschild View Post
That sounds great, Lexingtony! I think I'll try your recipe...
Mmm, mmm it's good! Let me know how you like it... (FYI, I use the "Stash Premium" chai spice black tea).

Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM

486 posts, read 1,896,867 times
I've never put chai in my sweet tea. I'll have to give it a try...

Old 09-09-2008, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 19,654 times
Default Ramsey's

Ramsey's Diners have fantastic sweet tea and excellent food, too. There are several locations in Lexington. Ramsey's Diners

Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 PM

83 posts, read 219,899 times
Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet... and you call yourselves Lexingtonians...
OK, here it is: Lee's Famous Recipe. Not only do they have the best tea in town, but they also sell it by the gallon. In addition, their chicken is superior to KFC's (ironically Colonel Sanders' nephew started Lee's) and anything else I have had (including Church's, Popeye's, et al.). Plus, and this is an added bonus you should LOVE (seeing as how Lexington's darling restaurants like Red Lobster, Malone's, and Ramsey's are always horribly crowded), Lee's is not exactly a busy place. So I mention it here in hopes more people will try it, keeping them in business, allowing me to continue to take my weekly gallon dose of sweet tea and 12 pieces of Kentucky's finest chicken.
And btw, I have noticed a trend that a lot of restaurants here are switching to some God-awful tea machine that churns out what I like to call "fruit tea" because it has some weird fruit flavor to it which is probably created in response to that nasty Rasberry tea fad that not too long ago swept the nation. Either that, or these people just got cheap and are no longer interested in making good tea. Just beware.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:31 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,077,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc5391 View Post
Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet... and you call yourselves Lexingtonians...
OK, here it is: Lee's Famous Recipe. Not only do they have the best tea in town, but they also sell it by the gallon. In addition, their chicken is superior to KFC's (ironically Colonel Sanders' nephew started Lee's) and anything else I have had (including Church's, Popeye's, et al.). Plus, and this is an added bonus you should LOVE (seeing as how Lexington's darling restaurants like Red Lobster, Malone's, and Ramsey's are always horribly crowded), Lee's is not exactly a busy place. So I mention it here in hopes more people will try it, keeping them in business, allowing me to continue to take my weekly gallon dose of sweet tea and 12 pieces of Kentucky's finest chicken.
And btw, I have noticed a trend that a lot of restaurants here are switching to some God-awful tea machine that churns out what I like to call "fruit tea" because it has some weird fruit flavor to it which is probably created in response to that nasty Rasberry tea fad that not too long ago swept the nation. Either that, or these people just got cheap and are no longer interested in making good tea. Just beware.

I agree with you on the flavored teas AND Lee's! Lee's has some dang good chicken and flavored teas are just plain nasty, I think it is made with instant (YUCK) tea rather than brewed.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrc5391 View Post
I have to agree, I prefer Lee's chicken to KFC. But, I find their sweet tea to be a tad *too* sweet for my taste. My only complaint with Lee's is that the locations I've been to don't seem to be very clean and well-kept. Fortunately, the food is great -- I just wouldn't want to see the kitchen. LOL

Old 10-13-2008, 12:31 PM

46 posts, read 252,371 times
For those of you in the controversy of sweet tea, check out this map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area