U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 12:51 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,727,451 times

Advertisements

Lans-Merrick might be a good compromise for you. It's quieter but still very convenient.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 01:18 PM

8 posts, read 22,017 times
Default Clarification

I'm not sure I used the right word when I said 'quiet', although I certaintly don't want frat boy parties or ambulance sirens all night long... I think what I meant to express was simply that I enjoy being outside at night and not even being able to see another building. I obviously! am going to give that up to move to Lexington but I guess I just feel that I'd like to go 'all in'... I mean, go from the country to the city proper. The Lansdowne area seems nice and all, and I know it's just a short car ride into downtown, but my gut tells me to just go ahead and move right into walking distance of the downtown area.... Does that make sense? Thoughts?

Old 08-23-2008, 01:35 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,727,451 times
Well, if you have it in the budget, go ahead for Ashland Park. The other areas you mentioned - Hollywood and those - are not enough-different to make a difference, unless you just happen to see a house there that you love....kwim?

The one that was a little different was Lans-Merrick, which has a decidedly more suburban feel.

I personally would go for Ashland Park.... I'm just trying not to give my personal preferences too much weight. Trying to be fair and all.... LOL

Old 08-24-2008, 06:12 AM

7 posts, read 10,359 times
Feel free to visit my website to browse for homes in those areas...you can create a portfolio for yourself & have all existing & new listings come to your e-mail. Dorothy LaBar with Commonwealth GMAC Real Estate:

Old 08-25-2008, 09:17 AM

969 posts, read 2,617,939 times
What realtors don't tell you about the above mentioned portfolio that sends listings to you via e-mail is that it is a feature available to EVERY realtor that is a member of LBAR, so that is not a unique feature. If you are wanting Ashland Park, Chevy Chase, or anywhere near that area, I would use a Turf Town agent. A lot of the houses down there seem to be sold by Turf Town agents. Find one that has been in several houses in whichever area you choose. In today's market you don't want to overpay. Using somebody that really knows the area will be your best option. BTW, I am NOT with Turf Town, so this isn't a round about way to get you to contact me!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:53 AM

891 posts, read 2,889,796 times
Another area you might consider is Lakeview. This comprises the streets that are off of Lakeshore (which runs in front of Henry Clay High School). The lots tend to be 1/3 to 1/2 acres and it is in Cassidy/Morton/HC school district. A lot of families are moving into this area and are updating the houses. You can get a real bargain if you are willing to buy a fixer upper. Even if you buy one that has been updated though it will still be much less expensive than Ashland Park and you will be more likely to find a 4 bedroom house.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 AM

891 posts, read 2,889,796 times
If you do settle on Ashland Park I second the recommendation of using a Turf Town realtor. Mina Mattone and Rick Queen do most of the business in the area and know it like the back of their hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area