U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 06:07 AM

36 posts, read 140,856 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

Well I am finally about to move to Lex! I can not wait.
I was hoping that I could get some info on the best grocery stores in the area.
Do any have a deli dept, where they slice sandwich meats and cheese right there while you wait? Do any have a fresh bakery dept?

Which place has the best prices?
which has the best selection?

Thanks so much for any info you can give me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 06:57 AM

822 posts, read 2,834,114 times
Hi,Where will you be living? Kroger is the biggest chain and each has a deli and bakery. There is a Wal Mart in "Palomar" which is basically just grocery and a Wal Mart near the mall that has grocery plus the usual and all have deli and bakery. Slone's is, I guess, more of a local grocery store (I'm still fairly new myself) and then there is a Whole Foods that is very popular (kind of like a Trader Joe's, etc.).

Old 08-26-2008, 07:57 AM

well

I will be on Malabu drive. I dont know the area, but I believe there is a walmart near there, south of new circle?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:12 AM

891 posts, read 2,889,796 times
Yes there is a Walmart but the Kroger on Nicholasville Rd at Regency Center will be closer. Also depending there is a Fresh Market at the intersection of Malabu and Tates Creek Rd. You will also be close to Critchfield's in Zandale which is a local meat shop with high quality meats. Meijer is south of New Circle as well and has one of the best produce departments in town.
Don't forget to check out the Farmer's Market downtown on Saturday morning. There is a huge selection of fruits, vegetables,breads, as well as locally raised meat.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 AM

969 posts, read 2,617,939 times
There is an awesome store in the Lansdowne Shoppes, which would be close to you. For some reason I can't remember the name! It is pricey, but has a lot of unique items. In my opinion, they have the best sushi. Wal-Mart does have a neighborhood grocery store that is pretty close to you. It is on Saron Drive. Take Tates Creek Rd. outbound to Man-O-War, then turn right. The next stop light is Saron Drive. Turn left. The 1st entry into the shopping center is the one you want. It will put you right in front of the store.

Depending on where you are near Malabu, you could either use the Kroger in Tates Creek Center (Corner of Man-O-War and Tates Creek) or the one in Regency Center (Nicholasville Rd and Regency-just cut thru your neighborhood and cross at East Lowry.)

Welcome to Lexington!

Old 08-26-2008, 08:16 AM

1,714 posts, read 5,727,451 times
From Malabu, you're also close to the Sunday farmer's market, on Southland Drive in front of the Slone's Market.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 AM

486 posts, read 1,788,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
There is an awesome store in the Lansdowne Shoppes, which would be close to you. For some reason I can't remember the name! It is pricey, but has a lot of unique items. In my opinion, they have the best sushi.
It's the Fresh Market.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 AM

Thank you so much for all the wonderful information,
You people are the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area