Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2008, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,251 times

Advertisements

Hello, I live in Philadelhia and my mother lives in Lexington currently in a senior building. The building is experiences lots of problems and we would like to find alternative housing. Currently her rent is subsidized. Does anyone know of additional housing that is subsidized? Can you tell me the name of the agency that could help us start looking.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

969 posts, read 2,818,760 times
I don't know if this helps, but there is a really nice complex called Briarwood on Centre Parkway. Centre parkway isn't that great of an area, but this place is at the end of the road and seems to be pretty safe.

Here is a link to the company that owns it:Gene B. Glick

Old 10-29-2008, 05:38 PM

270 posts, read 934,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
I don't know if this helps, but there is a really nice complex called Briarwood on Centre Parkway. Centre parkway isn't that great of an area, but this place is at the end of the road and seems to be pretty safe.

Here is a link to the company that owns it:Gene B. Glick
I concur with LEXpert. My mother actually lived at Briarwood for 5 years, and while the neighborhood is a little on the rough side, there is a police station within a half mile and she never had any problems. The biggest nuisance to her was the noise of the *pimped out* cars with their banging stereos; but in her apartment with the door closed, she didn't hear anything. There is a long privacy fence that separates the back of Briarwood from the adjoining complex where most of the noise seems to come from. Overall, though, safety was not an issue.

The apartments themselves, while small, are very well maintained. The common areas and grounds are immaculately kept and very clean. I believe that this is a Section 8, project-based property, which means that the voucher stays with the unit.

The phone number for Briarwood is (859) 272-3421; and if it's the same person as when my Mom lived there, the manager's name is Darlene.

Good luck!!

Last edited by lexingtony; 10-29-2008 at 05:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area