Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:22 AM

458 posts, read 2,289,655 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience with temporary agencies in Lexington? I am looking to pick up some temporary work when my kids are in school--administrative or customer service--something with a decent pay rate. I am not interested in temp-to-perm because I am looking for flexibility.

I have googled temporary staffing and when I go to the websites the job openings they have are either temp to perm or light industrial or warehouse.

Please let me know where I should look.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 04:00 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
There's a place on Harrodsburg called "Judy's staffing" that has some great listings, but, well, they never got back to me. [I know that makes me sound like a loser, but I just got off a high career track to raise a child, so maybe I'm an odd fit]. That said, it might be worth a shot to send them a cv. I know there's an accounting/financial temp firm that seems to advertise a lot of listings, and I always see a Randstadt in Beaumont Center, but no clue about it.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Honestly, NOTHING is hiring these days except health care. The only way I could get a job was by taking nurses aid training, which cost $500

Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom4792 View Post
There's a place on Harrodsburg called "Judy's staffing" that has some great listings, but, well, they never got back to me. [I know that makes me sound like a loser, but I just got off a high career track to raise a child, so maybe I'm an odd fit]. That said, it might be worth a shot to send them a cv. I know there's an accounting/financial temp firm that seems to advertise a lot of listings, and I always see a Randstadt in Beaumont Center, but no clue about it.
I'll check out Ranstadt because it's right near me. I think I also am going to be an odd fit...

Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Honestly, NOTHING is hiring these days except health care. The only way I could get a job was by taking nurses aid training, which cost $500
Wow. Health care is really not my thing. Fortunately it is my husband's thing, so we have a reliable income, but I'm just looking for a little extra, while being able to volunteer at my kids' school when I want to. Aargh.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:43 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Integrity staffing hires people to doing wrapping paper for Amazon.com, they pay 10.50 an hour, but I dont know if the hours would works.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 PM

822 posts, read 3,001,836 times
I guess the key these days is to keep one's ego out of the search, which is hard for me (I get too easily hurt and offended). But once you get any list of temp agencies, just hit them all with your best effort and go from there. [Out of complete curiosity, how much do you want to work; not to get any hopes up, but I know of a one day a week job, just was asked today to look for someone, moms preferred].

Old 12-04-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Integrity staffing hires people to doing wrapping paper for Amazon.com, they pay 10.50 an hour, but I dont know if the hours would works.
I applied there... it is a joke. You get an immediate interview, you then call an 800 number in India 10 times a week to see if there is a new job opening, which is always "next week" - after a bunch of "next weeks" I gave up

Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Girl View Post
Wow. Health care is really not my thing. Fortunately it is my husband's thing, so we have a reliable income, but I'm just looking for a little extra, while being able to volunteer at my kids' school when I want to. Aargh.
I was filling out 3 applications a day for 3 months at restaurnats, retail, etc and didn't get called back one time. I had never waited more than two weeks to get a job. This economy is absolutly the worst I've ever seen, even government places aren't hiring anymore.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I applied there... it is a joke. You get an immediate interview, you then call an 800 number in India 10 times a week to see if there is a new job opening, which is always "next week" - after a bunch of "next weeks" I gave up

Trust me I know it is a pain in the butt, but I got on. I really do like working there as well, my managers are awesome if you have questions or just on anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area