Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 10:08 AM

16 posts, read 62,843 times

Advertisements

My son will be starting kindger this fall. We are currently in the Breckenridge are and I would rather he go to a better school. I am up in arms as I search area after area. The apartment review sights seem to have mostly negative reviews for just about every apartment complex in Lex. I know that cannot possible be the case. So, here is what I am looking for, maybe someone can help.

My husband is a nurse, I am a stay at home mom so money can be rather tight. We are looking to spend about $600/mo for a 2 br ($700 if utilities are paid), with WD hookup. We would prefer to get into an area where our son would attend Cassidy, Clays Mill, Meadowthorpe, Julius Marks?, and possibly Yates (unless someone knows something about this school that would make us not want him to go there).

Yes, that certain limits our options. But, we want to be sure that he goes to a better school.

There are several "bad" areas I've seen mentioned in other posts that I don't understand, but then again I grew up in the San Francisco area and have lived in San Antonio as well. We are currently on Codell close to Todds.

I really appreciate any help that you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM

26 posts, read 44,824 times
I would like to see replies to this as well!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,042,987 times
Anything you rent in the 40503 zip code will be safe with decent schools.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 AM

25 posts, read 78,437 times
Wink Two pieces of advice I can share is

My children have never attended public schools, but many of my friends from church have went through this never ending battle. It is a battle and fight worth every second when it comes to your children.

Some of my friends have moved several times for each level. One moved to an area thinking her daughter needed a language arts elementary school to encourage her love of writing and then, her second move was due to her strength in math and science, and now, she is at a high school that encourages her love of music. Her daughter wants to be an elementary Music and Band Instructor. As crazy as that sounds, all of the moves were within a couple of miles. Fayette County School lines and school options are quite unique.

I searched for several years with my first child and my second enjoyed being with his sibling. Then, when my third came along many years later, I weighed the changes and had to make that decision whether to stay (or leave) at a school that my other two had the best experiences.

As a parent, you are trusting your child's development to that Teacher and school environment. Children are like sponges and they absorb everything quickly and you want that to be the best experience. One that your child will say I like school and can't wait to go back.

Have you thought of going to visit the schools and observing the classes?

The most important two pieces of advice I can share as a Mother:

You make sure you can talk to the Teacher and find out the Teacher's views on discipline, learning, social development, and anything you feel as parents is important for your child.

Also, don't choose the school based on how others may feel. Trust your heart and go with your instincts. There is no perfect school for every child, but as parents we have to do what is best for our children.

Best of luck in finding the perfect school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area