Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 07:20 PM

6 posts, read 9,747 times

Advertisements

My family is going to be moving to Kentucky the Lexington area. I have no idea which area would be good. I grew up in a small town in the country and would like to stick with that. I also work in our school distirct and I'm wondering which school are the best. We have 3 children 2 are going to be in the middle school and 1 in high school. We would like to find a home to rent with an acre or 2 we have animals (dogs, 2 little goats) If anyone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it. Also we would be looking for a new church. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,342,219 times
If you need a little land and good schools West Jessamine school district would be your best bet. You could find houses on 2 acre lots anywhere from Keene to High Bridge

Old 03-15-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your information. Anything will help. I've been serching the web and looking. My brain is getting very tired. So I thought I would get on this web site. It really helps with what I need to know. Thank you again

Old 03-15-2009, 06:28 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,342,219 times
FYI.... Fayette & most surrounding counties have pretty strict land restrictions to build a house (20, even 70 acres+) so you will either have to find an older existing house with ~2 acres in a surrounding county or look to commute from Garrard or Mercer Counties where there are no such restrictions.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:11 PM

I've been looking and I dont know if we will be able to find a house with an acre or 2. But what school district to you feel would be could for middle and high school. My son is invovled in the FFA agricultural? I really want him to continue to stay in this. Could you help us out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area