Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite news station?
WLEX 7 58.33%
WKYT 1 8.33%
WTVQ 0 0%
WDKY 0 0%
They all suck 3 25.00%
I don't care 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times

Advertisements

My personal favorite all-around pick is LEX 18. Very professional, nice set, and just well-produced overall newscasts. Bill Meck is a great meterologist, the morning show is the best in town, and their personalities give off the vibe of being the most down-to-earth in town. (I lost respect for Alan Cutler, though, after that stupid Billy Gillispie chase.)

WKYT has a well- and professionally-done product and the best set in Lexington. They also have too much coverage of Eastern Kentucky news. Isn't that what their sister station WYMT in Hazard is for?

WTVQ...well, it's nice to see that they're newscast looks like something out of 2009 now that they're no longer (to my knowledge) affiliated with Media General. Tom Kenny creeps me out. The only personality I really like from that station is Mary Wasson.

WDKY...low, low budget.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 04-21-2009 at 10:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 04:01 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
WKYT by a long shot. They have a lot of local anchors that are from Kentucky.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:44 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,367 times
I like WLEX the best, but seriously their personal lives are out of control. Some of their major news anchors exceed low moral values, are down right beautiful, but nasty. BUT.. Based on news only, I like them the best.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:55 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyl1979 View Post
I like WLEX the best, but seriously their personal lives are out of control. Some of their major news anchors exceed low moral values, are down right beautiful, but nasty. BUT.. Based on news only, I like them the best.
I've actually heard that before. That's a shame, b/c they have some very talented people at that station. It feels like a station that is almost too "big city" and professional for such a small market.

WKYT just feels too "hokey" and "hometown" for me, and like I said they should leave their Eastern KY fetish to their sister station in Hazard. WTVQ has been down in the ratings for ten years, but with a new morning team (Chris Dietz and Mary Wasson, especially,) nicer graphics and new set, I'm willing to give them a chance; they might really be trying to make a strong comeback and I wish them success.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM

137 posts, read 294,718 times
I usually flip around but favor LEX18.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,693 times
Gotta love Bill Meck. The guy nearly climaxes each time a storm is about to hit.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:56 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post

WKYT just feels too "hokey" and "hometown" for me, and like I said they should leave their Eastern KY fetish to their sister station in Hazard. WTVQ has been down in the ratings for ten years, but with a new morning team (Chris Dietz and Mary Wasson, especially,) nicer graphics and new set, I'm willing to give them a chance; they might really be trying to make a strong comeback and I wish them success.
Ummmmm, let's see here WKYT's viewing area includes all of Eastern KY, therefore they should include news from that part of the state. Duh, sorry but sheesh.... You have such a snooty attitude toward Eastern KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area