Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2009, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 15,180 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in finding an Ob-Gyn partial to natural birth, preferably Hypnobirthing, in the Lexington (KY) area and it's vicinity.

Also, if anybody has recommendations regarding hospital facilities (and/or birthing centers) that respect parents' natural birth requests --i.e. avoiding induction/surgery or any unnecessary intervention, birth bonding, breastfeeding...

My husband and I are due in mid-September / early October (2009)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 PM

50 posts, read 146,205 times
I had homebirths with midwives in attendance here in Lexington to avoid the insanely high c-section rates at the local hospitals (as at most hospitals nationwide, not singling out the local ones, but I recall that Central Baptist had a really, really high one years back).

In my experience, the best source of info about which doctors are likely to honor parents' wishes are midwives who work with doctors. Even if you want to have a physician-attended birth rather than a midwife-attended birth, you might want to contact some local midwives and ask who they'd recommend or who they would avoid.

There are some Certified Nurse Midwives listed in the Lexington Yellow Pages, though they are not the ones I used so I can't offer any info about them.

Best wishes for your delivery--it's a special time!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 AM

Default Thank you, BuckeyeBelle!

Thanks for your suggestions and your well-wishes! I really appreciate your input. This should be a great starting point for me...

I wasn't fully aware of the high C-section rates, and I'm glad you mentioned it. This forewarning will be very helpful.

My best to you :-)

Old 05-14-2009, 04:15 PM

30 posts, read 102,417 times
You might want to try asking people affiliated with Baby Moon in Lexington. Their website has info about hypnobirthing: www.baby-moon.org

I found my OB/GYN through their referral list, but I do not know specifics about how she approaches labor/delivery since we aren't to that point yet.

Congratulations and best wishes as you plan and prepare!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:59 PM

Default Much appreciated

Thanks, MWLiving!!! I have browsed baby-moon.org, but I didn't realize they had a referral list (silly me!)

With BuckeyeBelle's great advice and your suggestion, I am already making great progress with my search.

Again, thank you both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area