Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,909 times

Advertisements

Im graduating college soon and am looking to move to Lexington. Anyone know any areas/neighborhoods close to a good hospital (I'll be a nurse soon!), somewhat suburban but still close to the city, and popular among recent college grads? I'll be renting an apartment for a few years. I dont know much about Lexington but have always heard it was a beautiful city. I'll be moving from Northeastern Ohio so im excited for less snow. Any help would be much appreiciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 03:24 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
The 3 largest hospitals are all located along the Waller Ave / South Limestone Street area. In terms of 'recent grad' areas... Lexington is a great place for families and college students but it really doesn't have any nice young professional areas that aren't overrun by college students. Most of the single young profs here go to Baxter Ave and Frankfort Ave in Louisville on weekends, it's only 65 miles away. Lexington does have a nice local restaurant scene, especially in Downtown and down High Street towards the Chevy Chase area.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:28 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
You mentioned apartments, I would consider Hamburg Farms off Sir Barton Way. Really nice area and close to shopping at Hamburg. Central Baptist Hospital did have plans to build at Hamburg, not sure if that's still the case or not. Hamburg is not really close to hospitals, the closest one being St Joseph East off Richmond Rd, but it is very suburban.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:39 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
I forgot your apartment question...

If you want to be close to that large cluster of hospitals I'd recommend the Garden Springs area (along Harrodsburg Rd from New Circle to Lane Allen Rd). There are also you nice apartment houses near the Henry Clay Estate, the ones nearest to Main Street have less college student noise problems.

I'd personally not look along Nicholasville Road due to traffic problems and a lot of those apartments (let's say from Zandale Dr to Reynolds Road) are pretty noisy and run down

Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 AM

168 posts, read 787,631 times
Park Plaza Apartments downtown caters to a lot of young professionals working at the university, hospitals and downtown - that might be something you could look into.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,937 times
I agree with Ashland Park area. There are numerous 4 plexes and they are quite nice. There really isn't a noise problem at all in that area. It's within walking distance of Chevy Chase and downtown.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM

270 posts, read 934,779 times
[quote=daydreamz1201;8731742]I'll be moving from Northeastern Ohio so im excited for less snow. [quote]

Hope you like ice instead!

In my opinion, St. Joseph Hospital and St. Joseph East are the best hospitals in Lexington, and you should be able to locate many available rentals near each of them. Right off hand, I know there is a nice apartment complex located almost directly across from St. Joe East called The Resort at Lake Crossing. I think you'll find more student-occupied rentals near the "big" St. Joe (as the locals call it), as it is located nearer to the UK campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area