Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 09:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,138 times

Advertisements

Where is the nearest dmv office to wallins creek?
Is it easy to get a drivers liscence if you are from out of state and have a valid liscence already ?
Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 06:55 AM

141 posts, read 545,467 times
Hi, I am in the process of doing the exact same thing. It's very easy...but you do need your SS card (original,not copy) and of course your valid out of state license, as well as a piece of mail with your local address on it. Other than that, $20 cash, and I think that's it. I brought my passport as well, although I'm not 100% sure they needed that since I had my Texas license with me. You get your license right away (I'm not used to that, in TX, they give you a paper copy and mail your actual license to you later) and they do take away your old license (I was a little sad about that!)

I went to the drivers license office on Regency. It's just inside new circle off Nicholasville, turn on Moore street, then right on regency

Good luck!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 AM

844 posts, read 2,101,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx2ky View Post
I went to the drivers license office on Regency. It's just inside new circle off Nicholasville, turn on Moore street, then right on regency
Wow, thanks for the info I heard this place existed, but thought it was only for renewals. I will have to go here to update my address... I *HATE* going to the one downtown.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:10 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinghappiness View Post
Where is the nearest dmv office to wallins creek?
Is it easy to get a drivers liscence if you are from out of state and have a valid liscence already ?
Thank you for your help.
Wallins Creek? Isn't that in Harlan County? If so, then you would have to go to Harlan to get a drivers license.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 PM

141 posts, read 545,467 times
Don't even know where Wallins Creek is....just posted the only driver's license office I knew of! And as an update..just to confirm what I posted earlier..if you are getting a new KY licesnse (from moving out of state) you DO need either a passport or a birth certificate....

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 AM

844 posts, read 2,101,829 times
Not too big a deal... birth certificates are easy to fake :O

Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 PM

24 posts, read 63,583 times
I just got my Jessamine County license today, and all I needed was my old ID, proof of residency, and my social security card. I can't see it varying from county to county much, if at all. It's drastically different from Michigan's Secretary of State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area